What is surg. in Mexico all about?

Boscogirl
on 3/20/10 6:29 am - TX
Hi Ann!

I just got back from Mexico yesterday and I would be happy to talk to you over the phone about it all if you would like.  There is just too much for me to go into via email.  If you would like to talk just pm me and I will give you my phone number.  All the best to you!

Kimberly
                                  Goal in EIGHT months!

Highest/Surgery Weight 248 Goal Weight 165 Current Weight 165-175
                           Starting BMI 33.7 Current BMI 22.1
             I'm 42 years young, my height is 6' and I've had no plastics!
                                          I  my sleeve!!!
kanesmom
on 3/22/10 7:16 am
RNY on 08/16/05 with
Ann,
My family was the same way. They thought I was nuts when I mentioned Mexico!! (I think they thought they'd take me to a tent on a burro and give me some tequila til I passed out, then cut on me with the same rusty knife they'd used on the last 20 people LOL...) But I was desperate and no insurance. I called a place in my state and asked them what it would cost if I paid cash - $60,000!!! WOW!!! So, for $12,000 I got it done in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico with Dr. Joya. Best thing I ever did in my life!

The hospital was very clean and nice. The doctors were very up on things. There is nothing bad I can say about the hospital or resort hotel they put me up in.

I'd be happy to answer any questions for you.

My surgery was August 2005. I started at 222 pounds (I'm 5'4") and lost 100 pounds (my goal) in about 10 months. I currently weigh around 127.

Best wishes!
kalex21211
on 4/7/10 11:49 am - Ponchatoula, LA
I was wondering about the same things.  I have gotten quotes from Dr. Alvarez's clinic and have checked out the website.  My sister said I was crazy for thinking about going to Mexico, but the sleeve is between 13,300-15,900 here and the price they gave me today out of Alvarez's clinic was $9500. That includes everything but my airfare.  Not too bad....Then you have that little guy in the back of your head saying "you know you've heard all those horror stories about medical stuff in Mexico". 
I am soooo glad to see so many people posting positive things about their experiences in Mexico.  Definately reassurring....
Still researching on this end....
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views