scared

sample21
on 3/14/10 9:55 am - Alliance, NE
i really feel i need the lap done of course it's a lot cheaper in mexcio to get done am very scared about leaving the country and of course my family is not happy but i want and need it done and can come up with 15000 to get it done here so what am asking is were is the best place??? i am thinking i  have to go it alone so that makes me even more scared
MARVEN00037
on 3/14/10 12:16 pm - pierrefonds, Canada
i know what your going through and i went to see dr almanza i was really scared but now that i'm 4 months out down 60 pounds i am really happy.  i can only say that i would not let fear dictate you choice.  no matter where you go the out come is the same but only you can decide.  good luck
mario

liveNbetter
on 3/15/10 12:54 am - Canada
   Yes its a scaring thing to have to go throught, having surgery of anytype is scaring but you need to keep thinking of your end game and what your life will be like loong after the surgery is over. I cant self pay for this surgery here is Canada and I'm not willing to wait 2-3 years to go through a program and then have my health care pay for it. I think having to pay for the surgery myself will do 2 things ..teach me a lesson for having done this to myself and Hopefully in the long run help me KEEP IT OFF.
   I Made the choice through alot of reading on the internet that I didnt want the Lap-band because I didnt want to comeback if it slipped and it seemed that there were alot of people going back in to get a sleeve after having a Lap-Band so I decided If I have to have surgery I would get it done rite the first time so I wouldnt have to go back in.
  There are alot of diffrent prices out there for people who self pay and on some sites there is even a Financing available. I emailed alot of Dr Websites to get an idea of prices and alot of people here shared how much it cost them.
  The trip to Mexico is cheap maybe you have a friend that would go with you or maybe a family member would go with you if you asked and if not keep posting on this forum you will have a ton of support here and if you end up going alone.. remember your end game keep thinking of that.
  Keep posting ..write on your blog you have this community now to talk to..who knows maybe when you get a surgery date you will find someone on this site who will be having there surgery at the same place you are and at the same time.
       Take Care and good luck and keep posting
       Connie
Margo N.
on 3/15/10 2:03 am
You can read my blog for a description of my experience in Mexico with the VSG. The doc I used also does lapband and being there alone is not a problem, as the support was really fantastic. I thought my care in Mexico was far better than surgical and post-surgical care I have had in the US.

Good luck!
Margo - Burnaby, British Columbia HW 283 / SW 269 / GW 160 (I'm 5'8")
Check out my blog at http://www.vsggoodlife.com/

Emily F.
on 3/15/10 4:01 am
Do you mean lap band ?? I wouldn't get lap band done in Mexico bc not too many doc will give you fills in the US after an out of country surgery.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views