Happy with Surgery Site?

funnursechick
on 3/14/10 1:01 pm - MS
I am having surgery with Dr. Almanza soon. I just want to know if everyone that has recently had VSG or other surgeries have been happy with the process, especially with the recent change in facilitators. I have found myself worried since my previous facilitator as left and now I have a new facilitator with somewhat different information. I am wanting to know if things are changing for the better with this group. I know how rumors fly, I just want to make an informed decision. Anyone heard or seen anything good/bad?

Elisa H.

bigisbad
on 3/14/10 2:51 pm - Canada, Canada
Hi
I have not had surgery yet but am also seeing Dr. A but in 3 weeks.
My coordinator is Melissa and she has been great. Always there with an answer or the odd email.
They changed their website domain to Jerusalem clinic and I was told that there were to many websites with the name obese in them. That's all I can share with you. I am sure the other posters know alot more.
Good luck with your upcoming surgery
funnursechick
on 3/14/10 3:29 pm - MS
Thanks for your reply. My facilitator is Louise. She seems to pretty helpful so far. I actually spoke with her today. I just want my ducks in a row and want to know exactly what to expect when I go. Best of luck to you in your upcoming surgery!

Elisa H.

mrios1029
on 3/15/10 12:02 am - Cleveland, OH
VSG on 12/03/12
Hi Elisa,

I will be having surgery this Friday with Dr. Almanza.  I will let you know.  All I've heard is good things about Dr. Almanza.

Maggie
funnursechick
on 3/15/10 10:08 am - MS
Thanks, that will definitely put my mind at ease. I have a friend that had surgery there almost two months ago and she is doing great as well. I guess I need to relax and just prepare myself for the life-changing experience.

Elisa H.

hollykim
on 3/15/10 12:11 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
if you haven't already,check out my blog. It has a detailed description of my journey with pics.

i think everything at the hospital and recovery house will be the same. People come and go from jobs all the time.it is no different with this group.

I know it is probably nervewracking to have a new coordinator at this late date,but I believe all will be fine,
good luck,
Holly

LifeLover
on 3/17/10 1:56 am - Hoover, AL
I had surgery with Dr. Almanza on Feb. 25th. My patient coordinator was Melissa and she was wonderful. I'm assuming that the previous facilitator that you're referring to is Shirley.(maybe?) I know that the day I arrived - Feb. 24th was the last day she worked there due to - "administative changes."

I wouldn't worry about the care your going to receive...mine was incredible. You can check out my home page and read under my surgeon testimonial to find out about my entire experience.

Congratulations on your upcoming surgery.
We love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

sconlin8203
on 3/20/10 10:09 am, edited 3/20/10 10:11 am
Hi there,

I had my VSG on 3/15/2010 with Dr. Almanza. I do admit I was more than nervous, although the treatment my mother and I recieved was very gracious and professional. Actually, since my mother was there to support me in my endeavour, the whole staff treated her like family. I would not worry about your change in facilitator. I had the same problem at first and was very pleasantly surprised when my new facilitator phoned me. If you want facts abouat this group, please message patients who have been fortunate enough to meet Dr. Almanza and his wonderful staff. You can message me also if you want more detailed information.  

I do not know how to update my weight loss ticker, although I have lost 22 lbs since my surgery! No lie... this really works!!!!

funnursechick
on 3/20/10 1:42 pm - MS
Thanks for your input. That makes me feel a lot better! Congrats on the weight loss!

Elisa H.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views