Traveling in Mexico?

hollykim
on 3/13/10 10:02 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Good for you. As long as you are on the bus and have a driver waiting for you to take care of you,you will be fine.

Good luck and I hope you have an uneventful surgery and a speedy recovery!

Please post as soon as you feel like it so we know all went well!
Holly

bigisbad
on 3/13/10 12:45 pm - Canada, Canada
Glad to hear you are not travelling alone.
Have fun.
some1sospecial
on 3/15/10 11:14 am - Edinburg/San Antonio, TX
I made it here safe and sound!!! Surgery tomorrow, hubby and I are going to take a stroll to the galleria mall.

HW: 231, SW: 224.5, CW: 140, GW: 130  

Advocare Independent Distributor https://www.advocare.com/150535984

Brandy K.
on 3/15/10 11:42 am - Garland, TX
I can't wait to hear ALL ABOUT IT. I'm having my surgery in the same hospital in May. Keep your eye open for a surgeon named Dr. Horacio Guajardo. I wonder if they ever assist each other.

Are you taking pictures? I'm so excited at the notion of hearing about a first hand experience in Monterrey!

Best of luck to you! We'll be right here when you get back!

jewel506
on 3/17/10 8:00 am - Houston, TX
 Hi!

You posted on the Texas board a few days ago......and I hadn't heard anything - so I went "looking" for you!

Glad to hear you made it there safe and sound!!

Now - hope to hear how well your surgery went, soon!

Keep us updated - over on the Texas board, too - PLEASE.  

Julie

“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.” - Plato
Stormy 918 is my Angel         Angel to DarcyMad, MizCharlottekmg9122,  Staceeann dianeys73/Diane Davis
HW 258.5 /SW 250 /GW 140 /CW 125

bigisbad
on 3/20/10 12:39 pm - Canada, Canada
I am so SO SO SO GLAD you had no problems.
I know I told you earlier to keep a eye open and I  was happy to hear your husband was with you.
I have been traveling for the last 5 days traveling from the Tex/Mex border to Canada.
I knew when you were traveling but not what line.
When we got south of San Antonio we saw an accident with a bus. It slid on its side and rolled into the ditch.
Two killed and 42 injured.
You must have seen it in the Brownsville / Harlingen / McAllen paper.
It was stopping in McAllen and then was on to Monterrey.
Was that your bus???
Again... so happy to hear your there and things have gone well.
Terry
some1sospecial
on 3/21/10 6:23 am - Edinburg/San Antonio, TX
No our bus did not crash thank goodness but we were stalled inside Mexico for about 30 minutes while a shoot out at a toll way a couple miles ahead of us was going on. When it finished the bus rolled on and we didnt have any more problems after that. It was pretty scarey and the day before we took off there was a huge shootout too where the cartels made road blocks blocking the toll ways and lite some cars on fire. I think only 3 people died in that but it was at a time of day that the hubby and I had considered leaving and decided to sleep in THANK GOD!

Basically I would NOT go back unless we flew in, I would never drive or take the bus, untill possibly all these shoot outs where to stop.

Im doing great though, surgery wise. Im 6 days out now and starting full liquids tomorrow.

HW: 231, SW: 224.5, CW: 140, GW: 130  

Advocare Independent Distributor https://www.advocare.com/150535984

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views