Band over Bypass

Linda F.
on 3/11/10 11:25 am - Tampa, FL
Has anyone used a Mexican Surgeon for a Lap Band over a RNY Bypass....and if so, how much was it.  Any information, good or bad, is appreciated.

Thanks,
Linda
Emily F.
on 3/12/10 3:12 am
Its REALLY difficult to get lapband in Mexico and find someone in US to do fills. I only know of fillcentersusa to do them for out of country bands.

RNY has no follow up other than regular bloodwork and a vitamin regimen.

You can find lots of prices from 4500-6000
pizzacat
on 3/13/10 3:03 am - Urbana, IL
In my opinion, I would skip the whole lap band thing, and look directly into getting your RNY revised to a DS. I currently have a lap band, and for me, it was a complete waste of my self pay money. I paid $15K three years ago, and have kept off a total of 10 to 15 pounds. I should have gone with my first choice, DS, and avoided wasting my money, staying obese, dealing with sliming, and having pain at my port area everytime I bend to the left side. By researching this site, I have seen that many people seek revisions from RNY and lap band, but I have not seen many (if any) people seeking to revise a DS, and that, to me, says a lot.

Like I said, this is only my opinion, and I am sure there are those who love their bands or love their RNY or just love to be confrontational, BUT if I were you, I would at least look into the DS.

Good luck to you with whatever you decide!
Ashley1214
on 3/16/10 5:50 am - delray beach, FL
RNY on 05/18/09 with
I have to agree! if you're going to get a band do it in the USA. Yes there is a fill center BUT not every state has one. By time you get the band in Mexico, then fills and then have it removed you just paid more than RNY and thennnnnn you may have to get a revision. I have seen alot of people on here get revisions after the band.

I had RNY in Mexico and everything is great!!

Larissa P.
on 3/20/10 1:32 am - Denton, TX
Taking a procedure with only a 60% success rate and trying to fix it with a procedure with less than a 40% success rate is just putting your body and wallet through pain with no gain (or loss as the case might be).

I second the suggestion you look into getting a revision to DS, and lose the weight permanently. Head over to the DS board (in my siggy) and we'll answer any questions you have.
Duodenal Switch hybrid due to complications.

Click! > DS Documents ~ VitaLady.com ~ DSFacts.com ~ OH DS FB
Kelleigh710
on 3/31/10 12:09 pm
Linda,

I am having a band over bypass on 6/29/10 with Dr. Rodolfo Natera in Juarez at Star Medica Hospital.  His typical lap band price is $5000, but because of the revision and the scar tissue and extra time in the OR, the price is $6500.00.  I am dealing with Medical Tourism Co. and they are making the arrangements for me. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at [email protected]
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views