It´s set !!!! Dr. Pompa here I go!!!!

mrios1029
on 3/2/10 10:52 pm - Cleveland, OH
VSG on 12/03/12
Hi,

The cost of my surgery is $5,000 and I'm having the sleeve.  I spoke to the other doctor, Dr. Bettencourt.  Hollykim just came back from Dr. Almanza, here's the link: http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/hollykim/. I'm not saying that Dr. Pompa is not a good surgeon, but look at the surgeon's profile. Have you looked at the comments made by people on the surgeon profile for Dr. Pompa?
summerwall
on 3/3/10 12:59 am - Birmingham, AL
Mrios, I did my research, and I did notice some comments, but I have notice some comments about Dr. Bettencourt as well and they are not good at all, actually I´m kind of scare now, I don´t know the reason why you are taken to a home care when you are supposed to be at the clinic, who is Dr. bettencourt, and why is he even mentioned when I´m trying to have my surgery with Dr. Almanza, is Bettancourt a surgeon? I don´t understand.
I saw the pictures from the facilities from the Jerusalem web page and it seems to me that there is not enough space between the beds at the hospital, and that stair way is huge, I won´t be able to go up after my surgery,  I mean, I´m not a tinny girl I need more space, and something else that  worry me about is the price, I know that in this economy if I can save some bucks then i´ll do it, but I guess that when it comes to my health and my life I would not take the chance, why is it so cheep? it´s almost the same cost than a lap band, I mean if you do the math then you can feel that something is not good with that place, $5000 for all???? I don´t know it just kind of sounds desperate to me.

I check the other web side that you place and I thank you for being so nice with me, I really appreciate it, thanks for your guidance and the time that you had taken to give me more information, but I made of my mind, I´m going with Dr. Pompa, when ever I had call them they had give me all the information I need and there is always a doctor to answer my questions.

Thanks any way and I wish you the best of the luck on your path, I hope we can still chat and perhaps you can update me on the post-op symptoms because I have no idea on how I´m going to feel after the surgery, well thanks a lot again.

Summer
mrios1029
on 3/3/10 1:07 am - Cleveland, OH
VSG on 12/03/12
Good luck Summer,

Let me know how everything goes....I wish you the best
Fatfighter
on 3/3/10 5:53 am
Hi, im a Dr Pompa's patient also !!!! I agree with PHAT a surgeon who always gets excellent reviews would not give me 100% confidence, even if you check out the us surgeons all of them have 1 or 2 patients posting something negative. What you should look at are the credentials and certifications of the surgeon and hospital. Im here if you need anything else, PM me, and good luck with your surgery.
meaghanfox
on 3/5/10 12:21 am

hhello i know that this may be alittle weird but i am going to have a lap band done by dr. pompa on the 18th and my mom wants to ask some questions to real people not on a website but by phone or email are you whiling to do that. she has had the lap band herself but i am going to a different doctor and she is a mother and worried about me.

Meaghan Fox

gman02
on 3/3/10 6:13 am
Hi We here Now At Limarp DOC Pompa did my wife Gastric Bypass Monday ,First immpression  They're Nice Friendly & place is really clean! Surgury took or at least my wife was gone about 3 hours ,She was out of it the next day  Hurting! But got up & moved around  Today she was a whole lot better   SMILING YES  Did her leak test & was a OK We'll be moving to Hotel in the morning And Flying out FRIDAY LORD WILLING  
                                   They said they had another Gastric Tommorrow (4th) so I thought it could be u so we even though real nervious about coming to Tijuanna its been smooth, everyone that u have to deal with spoke english real good except  Annestgologist & he requested if u didn't understand him ask him to repete self  
                             About Pre-op diet they say thats the first test my wife had droppped 24 pounds in the 2 week period & they were proud  no idea that was a test but they say so  on day wife got some water it amazed her how it feeled her up just 4 oz
                                        Don't freak out this is a great op for u to get health & life back,  I had Gastric 5 years ago & lost 305  lbs in 2 years  would have been dead cause of health issues that all cleared up after Gastric, get surgury start walking & enjoy
summerwall
on 3/4/10 2:01 am - Birmingham, AL
Thanks to you all, I´m sure that my experience will be perfect, I like to do things fast, I all ready have a date, Saturday 06 will be!!!! I´m so exited and I appreciate for all of your concerns. I´m sure that Dr. Pompa rock´s and all the patient referrals that I had read and the ones that I had call are lovely patients, ok so my liquid phase all ready started and I´m starving but feeling really exited!!!!

New body here I come :)
Linda F.
on 3/7/10 12:56 pm - Tampa, FL
What does it cost for the Lap-Band with Dr. Pompa?
summerwall
on 3/8/10 4:11 am - Birmingham, AL
hi Linda, Well I´m writing you from the Grand Hotel, I had my VSG this Saturday and I just got my discharge from the hospital, They did my barium swallow test and everything look great, still a little sore but I´m not hungry at all.
I have no idea of how much is the price of the Lap Band, you could call them and they will give you all the information, or check on their web side and send them a message, www.limarp.com, all I can say is that I recommend Dr. Pompa, this was a perfect trip, I loved the facilities, the staff is so kind and beautiful, they where always asking if I needed anything else or if i had pain so they could give me pain killers.
I´m in love with these people, I wish I could see them more often or at least in 6 months so they can see the result of their hard work, I wish you the best and ?m sure that you will find more information directly with them, let me know if you need anything else from my experience, you can send me a PM to [email protected] and i´ll be glad to help you on this.

Good Luck

Summer
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views