It´s set !!!! Dr. Pompa here I go!!!!

summerwall
on 3/2/10 12:59 am - Birmingham, AL
OK, it is set, after doing my research I just decide to give my deposit to Dr. Pompa for my gastric sleeve, I´m going for my surgery next week, I hope everything turns to be just exactly as I imagine, I´m kind of worry of the idea of traveling to Mexico, well just actually to Tijuana, there a lot of things said on the news and the Internet, could someone help and tell me if everything is save there? Should I go with my mom or would I be OK by myself? The staff from limarp has been really helpful but still I´m kind of anxious about everything, the trip and mainly the pre-op diet, what if I cheat, is that too bad? Well if there is any patient from Dr. Pompa that could guide me more I would really appreciated.

SUMMER 

New life here I come!!!
mrios1029
on 3/2/10 1:13 am - Cleveland, OH
VSG on 12/03/12
Hello,

What made you decide on Dr. Pompa?
summerwall
on 3/2/10 1:21 am - Birmingham, AL
Hi, Well I call them and they answer all my questions, I was actually asking here at the forum about other doctors but no one answered me back so I just decide to call and ask all about the package, the procedure, the diet and support group they have and I love it, I think that this is the most important decision that I have ever made, even more important than my wedding hahaha!!! I just hope that everything works well. I search on Dr. Pompa credentials and I can see that she is really well qualify, she has an amazing education, I saw her web page and it looks Gorgeous, the facilities are really nice and I hope I can get the room with the golf course view. Who is your doctor?
mrios1029
on 3/2/10 1:37 am - Cleveland, OH
VSG on 12/03/12
HI,

My doctor is Dr. Mario Almanza.  I also checked Dr. Pompa, but I read something negative about her on the forum.  I didn't want to discourage you but please check.  I don't remember the member that she did a bad surgery for. Sorry, just research.  You can also check at jerusalemweightloss.com.  This is Dr. Almanza's there are a lot of post patients for Dr. Almanza and all they say are wonderful things about him. 

Maggie
summerwall
on 3/2/10 6:18 am - Birmingham, AL
Maggie:

When are you going for your surgery? I know that I can still change my mind if I want to what price did you get? is just that I saw Dr. Almanza profile and it seems to me that he has no credentials in the US that worry me a lot, do you know  him? have you spoke with him all ready? does he speaks English? please let me know before is too late !!!!
PHAT_at42
on 3/2/10 12:32 pm
DS on 03/12/14
Summerwall, if you could read all the post ever written about the docs in MX you will find an unhappy neg post or more on all of them. 

I used Dr. Pompa and I had a great experience.  The center is just as you see on her website and so is she.  She is a very impresive, intelligent woman and skilled surgeon.  I do recommend taking a support person if possible...just for the support.

I felt as though I could have gone home the next day...no problem with the surgery.  If you look at my ticker it may be somewhat discouraging but I have IR and just recently found out that I have untreated hypothyroidism(just started treatment). 

I have good restriction still at 6+ mos out, yet I dont have so much restriction that I cant get in sufficient nutrients.  No problems with N&V...OK maybe once or twice when I over ate...LOL

I would take my sister to Dr. Pompa if she needed the surgery. If you have any more questions feel free to PM me

m1=23, M2=11, M3=4(had stall for 3wks), M4=6 M5=6 M6=6 M7=4 M8=3

I am a VSG to DS revison!

meaghanfox
on 3/5/10 12:20 am

hhello i know that this may be alittle weird but i am going to have a lap band done by dr. pompa on the 18th and my mom wants to ask some questions to real people not on a website but by phone or email are you whiling to do that. she has had the lap band herself but i am going to a different doctor and she is a mother and worried about me.

Meaghan Fox

summerwall
on 3/5/10 1:40 am - Birmingham, AL
Hi Megan, I would love to give you my email so you can ask me anything you need, I´m actually going for surgery this Saturday so I´m like running all over to set everything for my departure, this is my email [email protected], just send me a PM for what ever you need, I´ll try to write you from the Hospital, wish me good luck .
Tell your mom that I´ll give her all the updates as soon as I´m back home.

Summer
meaghanfox
on 3/7/10 1:30 am
well i hope everything goes great for you and i wil be thinking about you and good luck!! let me know how it goes. i am starting to get nervuse alittle, but i am sure things will go great. i will keep in contact with you and will get ahold of you soon thank you and god bless

Meaghan Fox

bglez
on 3/2/10 1:21 pm - Chula Vista, CA
Summerwall I agree with PHAT_at42, dont even think twice!! Im back from Tj after having a VSG 2 years ago, you can see my pictures at www.limarp.com im in the testimonials page my initial weight was 420, after losing 200lbs i had plastic surgery last week at LIMARP and saw Dr. Pompa, that week i met 7 patients that were having mostly VSG's, but also a Lap band and Gastric bypass patient, all very, very happy, they had great care and follow up, plus you'll LOVE the facilities!!! 100% recomended!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views