I had nothing to fear! My experience with Dr. Almanza was great!!!

LifeLover
on 3/1/10 1:10 am - Hoover, AL
I just wanted to update everyone on my previous post. (I'm Terrified!) I was about to cancel my flight and surgery the night before because i was getting so scared.

I am now very happy to report that I did get on that plane and had my VSG with Dr. Almanza and everything went perfect! I am now home and surprisingly feeling really good with the exception of a little pulling on my stiches every now and then and some occasional gas pains. Other then that, I am great!!!

I have been drinking my water & juice and eating clear broth. I have also been able to swallow all pills and capsules. I take Effexor daily and I can get the capsule down no problem. I also take the antibiotic given to me by the Dr. and I have no need to cut it in half (it is a rather large pill) I also have my regular multi- vitamin that I have always taken. I have read about so many people on here having to take chewable vitamins and I am wondering why???
I have no problem swallowing my regular vitamin...which is actually a pre-natal vitamin because it has more iron and folic acid. It is also great for promoting hair & nail growth. I have taken these for the past 4 years and I am very happy that I still can!

The day of surgery was the worst as far as gas pains. They were more painful then I had anticipated. I did continue to keep getting up and walking which really helped them to go away quickly. Also make sure you have Gas-X STRIPS, not the chewables. You can not take the chewables until 6 hours after surgery whereas the strips you can take right away. There were a few other patients that did not have the strips and were unable to find them in town. Fortunately, I had some extras and was able to share them.  

If you are having surgery with Dr. Almanza, I can assure you that my entire experience was a plesant one and I truly had nothing to fear! I will post in more detail later when my 2 year old is not driving his car over my laptop. lol

XOXOXO
We love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

hollykim
on 3/1/10 2:04 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Congrats and welcome to the losers bench! It is great on this side! I'm feeling wonderful and had just as good an experience as you did!
H

Emily F.
on 3/1/10 9:33 am
Congrats!!! I have a two year old too!
tengibbs
on 3/1/10 11:42 pm - New Haven, CT
Congrats!! I am planning on going in the next 3-4 weeks so I appreciate the feedback...Glad all went well..
summerwall
on 3/2/10 6:33 am - Birmingham, AL
Hi I´m sorry to jump into this forum but could some one tell me more about their experience with Dr. Almanza? I´m set with a different surgeon but I was wondering if I did the right choice, please help me with this.

thanks to you all.

Summer
Fighting back to get my figure back    
LifeLover
on 3/3/10 12:56 am - Hoover, AL
Hi Summer,
Dr. Almanza was absolutely great. My entire experience in Mexico was wonderful.  I'm sorry I can't write in detail right now because I am tending to my 2 year old. I can however direct you to some other patients that wrote their Mexico stories in great detail on their blogs. Check out:
bikerchickk
hollykim ,
www.ohmeohmy.com.105

I know thier are several more detailed blogs, but I don't remember all of their names. These woman may be able to direct you to more.

I know that all will be well for you!!! XOXOXO

We love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

thinasiwant
on 3/5/10 7:57 pm
So happy for you...my congratulations and best for your continued success!!!!!!
Thinasiwant

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views