Mexico crime

mrios1029
on 2/26/10 11:51 am - Cleveland, OH
VSG on 12/03/12
Ok,

I just scheduled my surgery for March 17 with Dr. Almanza.  I have told my family ( I think a big mistake).  All they have told me is how people are killed in Mexico, organs are removed and sold... crime...etc.... I know my family cares, but I just think, they should be motivating me instead of trying to scare me so I don't go ahead with it, especially in Mexico.  My brother says, what if it's a scam.  Why so cheap... OMG just shut up and wish me the best!  I have decided not to tell my husband's family yet... I'll tell them after I come back.  My daughter says, what if you die.....what i'm I going to do?  I told her, I had a bigger chance of dying from being FAT than dying having this surgery.... I  just needed to vent. 

Maggie
mom.of.6
on 2/26/10 11:58 am, edited 2/26/10 11:59 am
First of all Maggie, Good luck with your surgery. I had people joking about that stuff 'organs being removed and sold' but this Dr. is lagit. I had my surgery on 2/16/10 and I feel great. They take very good care of you and anyone you are with. They won't even let the driver leave you alone for one minute. My husband is from Mexico and he wanted to go into the grocery store and the driver HAD to go in with him. Tell your family to get on this site and talk with others. Our experiance was pretty much the same as everyone else that I have read! Good luck!

Rachelle
Sharonjean63
on 2/28/10 2:51 am - Hamilton, TX
Were'nt you nervous about going to a clinic and not to a hospital or not being in a controlled environment

Sharon
(deactivated member)
on 2/28/10 5:17 am
Sharonjean63
on 2/28/10 1:01 pm - Hamilton, TX
What I meant was do or did you feel safe being in a clinic rather than a hospital. I'm just a little nervous about the surgery and being put under.  
(deactivated member)
on 3/1/10 7:09 am
hollykim
on 2/28/10 9:05 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On February 28, 2010 at 10:51 AM Pacific Time, Sharonjean63 wrote:
Were'nt you nervous about going to a clinic and not to a hospital or not being in a controlled environment

Sharon
A "clinic" in Mexico is equal to a outpatient surgery center in the states. I think we are all familiar with that set up. The hospital is set up just like any surgery unit. There are special door air locks on the OR doors to prevent contmination from the outside hall just like in surgery centers in the US.

There is an autoclave in the surgery suite and the surgery staff washes and autoclaves the instruments and supplies after each surgery. No one except surgery staff and Dr. Almanza are allwed in the OR.

I would say IMHO, that it is a pretty well "controlled environment". 

People should not  post  things about which they  have no first hand experience.

Holly

hopefull01
on 3/5/10 11:01 am - Canada
Hi Maggie,
 I was also there with Rachelle whom I really miss! We were in the same room at the hospital. I'm from Canada and thought it was the most kindest caring place anyone could go. I have the utmost best thing to say!I feel so good I just miss the friends like Rachelle and her hubby very much. By the way Rachelle I emailed you tonight!
       Karen
Hopefull01
N H.
on 2/27/10 2:12 am - FL
Hi Maggie,

I had my VSG with Dr. Almanza last June and heard the same things from my family.

Well....they were wrong.  It was life changing, but not a scam; I was not abducted/sold, not mugged/killed, and I was not left in a coma due to the so-called "substandard care."

Families mean well ****pt saying that mantra to myself for WEEKS).  It was a great experience and the health care I received was top-notch. 

Don't let them deter you, do this for yourself.

No regrets (except I did not do this years ago!) and ZERO problems.

Good Luck, Nancy
                                          Pre Op-Surgery-Current-Goal
                                            232  -    213   -  153 - 150

5'4" tall
Stage 1 Plastics 10/20/10 with Dr. Adrian Menjarrez-Mexicali
Breast Lift and Tummy Tuck    
hollykim
on 2/27/10 1:25 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Ditto to the other two posts. I just got home from VSG with Dr. almanza on wed the 24. We were taken care of every step of the way.

My advice to you is step away from the family and focus on yourself. You will not be sorry.
Good luck,

Holly

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views