Registering your trip with the State Department.

Brandy K.
on 2/24/10 10:06 pm, edited 2/24/10 10:11 pm - Garland, TX
I came across this option when I was cruising around the State Department's website getting information about passports.  I think everyone going to Mexico (or anywhere else for that matter) should do this.

http://travel.state.gov/travel/tips/registration/registratio n_1186.html

You can go to this website and register online.  Basically, you're telling them who you are, where you'll be (down to the address of your recovery house or hotel), when you're going, your passport number, who is going with you, their passport numbers (you don't need to have those on you when you register, but it's helpful and you can update your information later if you don't have your passport yet), and who your emergency contact would be here in the US. 

This way, if there's some emergency or disaster (think Haiti), the State Department knows that you're there and can help get you out.  They can contact your family for you, too. 

Also, while you're on the State Department's website, you can read current travel warnings and sign up to have warnings sent to your email.  Very helpful.
CAMom
on 2/25/10 1:28 am
Wow, great idea! I 'm gonna check it out!
Sleeved 3-4-2010 SW: 205 CW: 130ish Height: 5'6" Goal: ACHIEVED!
Plastics on 6-20-2011 with Dr. Lara - TT, BA, BL & Lipo :)

jenni80
on 2/25/10 8:49 am
Oh wow, thats great info.  that was one of my worries actually, sounds silly but I kept thinking what if something happens, how will i get home to my kids!  thank you!

Jeanette  

CAMom
on 2/25/10 12:40 pm
Just noticed all this info in my passport as well. :)

I registered my trip. I am leaving on Wednesday!!!!!!!!
Sleeved 3-4-2010 SW: 205 CW: 130ish Height: 5'6" Goal: ACHIEVED!
Plastics on 6-20-2011 with Dr. Lara - TT, BA, BL & Lipo :)

bigisbad
on 2/25/10 1:19 pm - Canada, Canada
Its been a pleasure chatting with you and I wish you nothing but success and happiness.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 428 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 619 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1205 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1832 views