How long did you stay?

Brandy K.
on 2/21/10 10:07 pm - Garland, TX
I'm just wondering how long everyone spent/will spend in Mexico for your surgery.

I'll be flying in on May 3rd, having pre-op testing done on May 4th, surgery on the 5th, out of the hospital on the 7th, and in a hotel until the 13th.  My surgeon asks that all of his patients stay for a week after surgery to make sure that everything is a-ok before we leave the country.

So, my total is 10 days.  What's yours?
carlsongang
on 2/22/10 12:39 am - Clackamas, OR
I arrived on a Wednesday, had surgery that day, then flew home on Friday. I had the Lap-Band. So total in Meixco was only 2 days.
CAMom
on 2/22/10 12:46 am
Wow, 10 days...

I am arriving March 3rd in the evening, spending the night in a San Diego hotel, getting picked up the morning of March 4th and heading in for surgery the same day. I get to leave on the 7th. So a total of 4 days, 4 nights for me.
Sleeved 3-4-2010 SW: 205 CW: 130ish Height: 5'6" Goal: ACHIEVED!
Plastics on 6-20-2011 with Dr. Lara - TT, BA, BL & Lipo :)

Brandy K.
on 2/22/10 1:11 am - Garland, TX
Yep.  Ten days.  I guess I'll get some sightseeing in as part of my walk-walk-walk routine!  I still can't believe that I'm going to the home country of my absolute favorite food in the whole world and I'm going to be there for a week and a half... and can't eat a gosh darn thing.  Poo.
CAMom
on 2/22/10 1:14 am
HAHAHA I feel for you! I know how you feel.

Its so horrible but I have used this surgery as an excuse to eat what I want until my preop diet. BAD, I know! For the first time... I haven't felt guilty about eating. lol

If only we could eat while on "vacation". lol

Brandy K.
on 2/22/10 1:29 am - Garland, TX
I've done the same thing!  I wish I could have scheduled my surgery just 2 or 3 weeks in advance.  Having 5 months to think about it has given me more time to say "Hmmm... I should eat that before I can't eat it again... Ooh, and that too... oh!  better have that cheesecake now while I still can!"

Horrible.  Horrible horrible.

I'm actually looking forward to the two week liquid diet.  It will mean this madness is finally over!
CAMom
on 2/22/10 1:56 am
Yumm... cheesecake! HAHA

Now I am gonna head to the cheesecake factory once before I go! HAHA They have an amazing eggroll appetizer. SO YUM! Their portions are so crazy big!

I would go nuts waiting 5 months. As it is I have been contacting my coordinator like a crazy woman asking if anyone has cancelled before my date and if so if I can have their date. no luck tho. lol

I only have to do a 3 day pre-op diet... 2 weeks sounds AWFUL! But imagine all that you will lose. ;)

Brandy K.
on 2/22/10 3:01 am - Garland, TX
Hopefully enough to make sitting in that airplane seat a BIT more comfy!  And yes, I'm going crazy waiting 5 months.  But... I have, what, 2.5 months to go?  Woohoo!  Half way there!  And it will be nice and HOT in Mexico when I go.  *looks out at the snow*
CAMom
on 2/22/10 3:47 am
I'd be going nuts with 2.5 months to go. I have 10 days to go.. and I am ready NOW! lol

Its been a little rainy here today in LA... no snow here! Last week we had gorgeous 70-80 degree weather! Hoping for a warm mexico week... Hopefully its not TOO hot for you in the summer. :)

Just made plans with the hubby for Cheesecake factory this weekend... for my LAST good meal. ;) lol

Brandy K.
on 2/22/10 4:14 am - Garland, TX
I can't wait to hear how it goes for you!  Enjoy that cheesecake! 
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 428 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 619 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1205 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1832 views