Progress!

Brandy K.
on 2/16/10 10:46 am - Garland, TX

My fantastic, wonderful BFF bought our plane tickets to Mexico yesterday.  I applied for my passport today.  The money is in the bank.  And I cannot wait to get to Mexico!  Come on, May!

And, I don't know about you guys, but after hearing about Southwest kicking Kevin Smith off of their flight over the weekend, I'm glad to say I'm not flying with them.  American Airlines doesn't make you buy two tickets upfront and if the flight isn't full, they just give you a seat with no one sitting next to you if you can't put the armrest down on the seat you're in.  That took a huge weight off of my mind.  I was so preoccupied with the fear of the flight, I was having a hard time looking forward to the trip.

Who else has flown recently?  How did it go?

E_Saenz
on 2/16/10 11:50 pm - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15
How nice is that I hope the best for you girl soon you'll be a loser lol!!!!!

Elia Maria Saenz

vinnymac
on 2/17/10 12:29 pm - Mobile, AL
Flying sucks for a fat person I broke a armrest one time on a Continental flight it was a armrest that did'nt move and I sat down an my big ass won the battle everyone on the plane looked at me way it broke I hated it happen but fat people have to go places all so they should have 10 seats on ever flight that are one size fits all if your over 200lbs its not a good flight. GOOD LUCK my friend.

VINNY MAC

Vinny Mac

Brandy K.
on 2/20/10 12:50 pm - Garland, TX
Ughhh... so scary!  I crossed Continental off the list of possible carriers when I read that they kicked Kevin Smith off their flight.  He had his carry-on stowed, he was seated, buckled in, had the armrest down, and they still booted him.  WTF?

American Airlines doesn't require that you buy two tickets up front and if the flight isn't full, and you can't fit into one seat, they just move you to a place with two.  That's why we went with them.

Update: the hotel is booked now, too.  I'll be in Mexico for a total of 10 days.  I'm coming in two days before my surgery, the pre-op tests happen the day before surgery, and Dr. Guajardo wants all of his patients to stay for a week after surgery to make absolutely certain that there are no problems before he sends you home. 

I have to brag on Dr. Guajardo here.  He's been so great about responding to my emails and answering my questions.  I feel so completely comfortable having chosen him.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views