Time frame for surgery

charchar
on 2/16/10 3:10 am
I need this surgery so bad and have considered going to Mexico. I wondered if anyone that has had it there could tell me about their experience. Which doctor, hospitals, motels, pros & cons, the cost and mostly how soon can you get in there for surgery. Is there a lot of paper/blood/prep work from the US before hand. Is the family or friend that goes with you allowed to be there, visit after surgery etc. Maybe stay with you? It is a scary thing especially now days with all the evil and wars etc going on.. Please share anything with me. Thanks,.. Charchar
Eme 2009
on 2/17/10 12:55 am - FL
I have a play-by-play of my experience on my profile and have posted it on this forum, as well. 
Here is the link:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/mexico/4106647/My-experien ce-with-Dr-Almanza/

HW: 251  SW: 243  CW: 146  Height: 5'6.5"

Pete R.
on 3/10/10 10:27 am - Savannah, GA
First and foremost, I totally know how you're feeling and the urgency that is rushing through you to have this done.  I had the VSG done on 1/27/10 in Mexicali with Dr. Aceves.  I cannot tell you just how impressed I was with Dr. Aceves' entire operation.  From top to bottom, everything was completely on the up and up.  All the docs and nurses spoke good english.  They were very concerned that you knew exactly everything that they were going to do and the process in which things would be done.  I was in Mexicali for 5 days total.  The first day/night is spent in a very nice hotel.  The next 4 days were spent in the Hospital Almater.  This hospital was gorgeous, clean, and very well equipped with everything you could need.  There wasn't much in the realm of paperwork that had to be done for the surgery outside of the qualification form.  They will do all of your pre-surgical tests at the hospital on the day you arrive to town and prior to going to the hotel.  Results of the test are gone over with you on the day of your scheduled surgery.  It's kind of like a final approval before you go under the knife.  While I did not bring anyone with me, they do allow 1 guest to stay in the hospital with you.  And Mexicali is the safest of all border towns statistically speaking.  

If you have any other questions, just let me know...

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views