Hotels near Dr. Almanza's office

bigisbad
on 2/21/10 7:05 am - Canada, Canada
On February 21, 2010 at 2:12 PM Pacific Time, fightingfat wrote:
Terry, talk to your coordinator.  She should be taking care of that for you.
Thanks for your input. Melissa has recommended two hotels but I thought... 4 sure there would be more to choose from. They offer a bed in the "house" for your spouse... but my wife has fibromialga and needs a "good" bed. Plus we are staying 4 extra days to make sure I have no infection etc.
A far as the hotel in SD... I called the Hampton Inn direct and they do not have a corporate rate for Almanza.????? She is looking into that but I'm a "get it done now" kinda guy.
I think of something... and I do it! Don't like waiting two days for return emails.
But I'm smiling... surgery April 8 :)
CAMom
on 2/22/10 12:53 am
I booked my room already and did get the corporate rate. Melissa can give you the number and you can go online and book your room. Worked just fine for me $89, w. tax $100. Its the hotel on Pacific Highway. There are two. The discount is for the PH hotel. Maybe you called the sea world hampton inn?
Sleeved 3-4-2010 SW: 205 CW: 130ish Height: 5'6" Goal: ACHIEVED!
Plastics on 6-20-2011 with Dr. Lara - TT, BA, BL & Lipo :)

bigisbad
on 2/22/10 1:43 am - Canada, Canada
On February 22, 2010 at 8:53 AM Pacific Time, CAMom wrote:
I booked my room already and did get the corporate rate. Melissa can give you the number and you can go online and book your room. Worked just fine for me $89, w. tax $100. Its the hotel on Pacific Highway. There are two. The discount is for the PH hotel. Maybe you called the sea world hampton inn?
I spend over an hour... 3 calls to the Hampton Inn on PCH to get it all worked out.
The hotel told me the code for WLS is 0002723395
I will now try it.
Melissa has not got back to me.
She was the BEST in giving me info prior to putting down a deposit... but now it takes a few days to get back to me each time.
Guess that's the way it is.
Still don't have a email from them in regards to surgery info...
Guess that comes in due time as well.
Hope they remember to pick us up at the airport  :(

PS. thanks CAMom for passing on some of your info... 10 days!
CAMom
on 2/22/10 1:53 am
OH NO! Maybe you should go through Shirley?

I put down my deposit and still had a bunch of questions for her... She's been quick in all replies. I paid in full the other day... and she responded thanking me immediately. 

And that is the coporate code I have... although I dont know if we can post it here... lol

So sorry she hasn't been quick in replies. I have had a couple that go unanswered for a short period, but she has been great really. Even put up with all my date changes and my constant questioning of any cancellations. I was persistent in getting an earlier date. lol

Ohh, and another girl here said shirley sent an email to ALL patients of Dr. Almanza that they were to do a mandatory 7 day liquid only pre-op diet... I never got one. I asked Melissa if this applies to me as well and 16 hours later I got a response saying I just had to eat light for 3 days prior (lower BMI). Did you get that email??? Maybe she is having a bad week, or doing a lot in office? She is still pretty quick with my responses. ;)

Sleeved 3-4-2010 SW: 205 CW: 130ish Height: 5'6" Goal: ACHIEVED!
Plastics on 6-20-2011 with Dr. Lara - TT, BA, BL & Lipo :)

bigisbad
on 2/22/10 3:14 am - Canada, Canada
On February 22, 2010 at 9:53 AM Pacific Time, CAMom wrote:
OH NO! Maybe you should go through Shirley?

I put down my deposit and still had a bunch of questions for her... She's been quick in all replies. I paid in full the other day... and she responded thanking me immediately. 

And that is the coporate code I have... although I dont know if we can post it here... lol

So sorry she hasn't been quick in replies. I have had a couple that go unanswered for a short period, but she has been great really. Even put up with all my date changes and my constant questioning of any cancellations. I was persistent in getting an earlier date. lol

Ohh, and another girl here said shirley sent an email to ALL patients of Dr. Almanza that they were to do a mandatory 7 day liquid only pre-op diet... I never got one. I asked Melissa if this applies to me as well and 16 hours later I got a response saying I just had to eat light for 3 days prior (lower BMI). Did you get that email??? Maybe she is having a bad week, or doing a lot in office? She is still pretty quick with my responses. ;)

Melissa just called and told me how sweet you are...
Hotel is booked.. by me.
She just emailed me and Shirley made me a reservation but it would of been nice if they kept me in the loop. The hotel did not advise me that I was making a duplicate reservation so I'm not sure.
I told M in our phone conversation that I had not received and attachments as to info, diets, what to expect. She seemed surprised. I thank you for keeping me in the loop.
As far as the email from Shirley about diet... I have never received any emails from her.

I feel like I fell between the cracks.
M did say that she has been busy.

Hope they remember to pick us up at the airport...

Again... thanks for keeping me in the loop when others have forgotten me!!!
BTR1DAY
on 3/21/10 3:15 am - Danbury, CT
Hello,

I am having my surgery this week.  I am a Marriott customer for life and that's all I stay at.  There is a Marriott Hotel (not Courtyard or Residence Inn) in Tijuana.  The coordinator for Dr. Almanaza has arranged for me to be picked up there the day of sugery.  My husband will be staying there while I am recovering.  The  price is $85.00 a night.
     HW:247  SW:227      Goal Weight 140    (For Now)                                                     
BTR1DAY
on 3/21/10 3:17 am - Danbury, CT
p.s.

They have a shuttle.
     HW:247  SW:227      Goal Weight 140    (For Now)                                                     
bigisbad
on 3/21/10 10:04 am - Canada, Canada
Thanks for the great info
I am looking for a hotel for my wife.
Drop me a line after surgery and let me know if it was convenient for your husband to travel back and forth to the clinic and recovery house.
Thanks
Terry
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 429 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 620 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1207 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1833 views