Hotels near Dr. Almanza's office

bigisbad
on 2/15/10 11:32 am - Canada, Canada
Could I get assistance from anyone and all that have been to Dr. Almanza's office with knowledge of all the local hotels in the area. I know the address of the Jerusalem Hospital but cannot find that street on any map.
A hotel within walking distance would be great.
thanks in advance
terry
funnursechick
on 2/15/10 1:17 pm - MS
I too, am looking at hotels. We will be spending the night in San Diego the night before surgery and the reviews from the Hampton Inn do not sound that great with train tracks right behind the hotel. This is the hotel that Dr. Almanza's group gets a discount at. I would like something with easy access to/from airport, but somewhere that I can relax and actually get some rest the night before surgery. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Elisa H.

teshanelson1
on 2/15/10 1:24 pm - Dallas, TX
I am staying at the Hamlton hotel in San Deigo the night before as well on the 18th  but i haven't heard of any hotel by the clinic.
pattycake
on 3/4/10 9:35 am - macon, GA
did everything go well?  did u have your surgery yet?
bigisbad
on 2/16/10 2:21 am - Canada, Canada
Thank you both.
I want to find a descent hotel close by for my wife... so she can visit me while I'm at the clinic.
I will keep trying to track down the clinics address on a map... cant quite figure out why I cant find it. Hmmm......
CAMom
on 2/16/10 4:46 am
I'll be at the Hampton Inn on Pacific Highway... (there are two in SD).

Almanza has a coporate account with them and can get his patients the room for $89 (101 w/tax). :) Pretty neat since it goes for $120 minimum without the discount.

I'll be there March 3rd... surgery March 4th. :) :) :)

One thing to remember if you are booking a hotel... make sure they have a shuttle if you are flying in and don't have your own vehicle. Some of the hotels I researched did NOT have their own shuttle or charged for it... and some didn't even operate as early as we need it. I am sure most of us have to meet at the airport early... so if shuttle starts at 8am... you have to pay for taxi in order to get to the surgery pickup area by 7am. kwim?

Hampton Inn has a shuttle early hours (every hour on the half hour) and its free. :)
Sleeved 3-4-2010 SW: 205 CW: 130ish Height: 5'6" Goal: ACHIEVED!
Plastics on 6-20-2011 with Dr. Lara - TT, BA, BL & Lipo :)

bigisbad
on 2/16/10 7:02 am - Canada, Canada
Thanks Sharon...I too will stay at that hotel prior but I really want to find a decent hotel "in Mexico" close to the hospital for 5 nites for Kathleen.
hollykim
on 2/16/10 11:00 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Your wife cn stay with ou at the hospita and the recovery,if you like . Just tell them she will be with you and they will be able to accomodate you.

otherwise,there is a hotel called The City Express that they recommend. i don't know the distance from the surgery center. Your coordinator can probably advise you.
Good luck,
Holly

bigisbad
on 2/16/10 2:17 pm - Canada, Canada
Thanks hollykim for the information. I know she can stay at the hospital and recovery house but I would rather have a nice hotel room... plus we are going in a day earlier and sticking around for 3 days after the surgery for a final check up before leaving for Canada.
I will look into The City Express... any others?  anyone??
terry
onespecialdelivery
on 2/20/10 6:06 am - Alexandria, VA
I stayed with my sister and niece at the clinic, had to sleep on a pull out sofa and the next night one of the beds was open so I stayed there.  the will take her to the recovery house and bring her back the next day.  it is about 30 min away.  She should really stay at the clinic or the recovery house.  Tijuana has a lot of kiddnappings and crime and they really frown on you leaving by yourself.  in Sandiego the hampton inn was about 114 with the hospital discount, the other hotel was the right next door the comfort inn it was 100, they have a shuttle to the airport.  
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 428 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 619 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1205 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1832 views