Surgery moved to June now!!!

jenni80
on 2/13/10 6:39 am, edited 2/13/10 6:42 am
Ok well due to finances, once again lol, my surgery is being put off till june but i payed my down pmt  so that sets it in stone.  Im actually excited to have it put off for the fact my hubby will be able to go with me by surgery date being moved to june.  we are moving in may back home and around are a huge group of family and friends so lots of help with our kiddos.  Also my hubby keeps saying if I want this bad enough I will be able to wait since its such a life changing experience.  Im am soooooooooooo blessed to be married to such a good guy.  Hes on board with everything and supports me 100%.  The only thing im worried about and I guess need to ask others who brought someone, where do they stay during surgery and afterwards.  Im worried my husband is going to panick when we get across the border.  I have been to t.j before and know what its like but hes never been and so I just hope he dosent regret going once we are there.  I guess I just wondered what were your spouse,companion or friends reaction when you got there and went through everything and is there anything extra we need to do to accomodate his stay??? Thanks!
Eme 2009
on 2/13/10 7:47 am - FL
Make sure your coordinator knows that you will be bringing your husband.  My husband went with me and we didn't have any problems, but it was a VERY busy week at the clinic and there were a few moments when we weren't sure where he'd be sleeping.  Dr. Almanza's business manager (Dr. Betancourt) actually paid for us to stay at the Marriot for my second night so we could be together--without us even asking.  Once we were at the recovery house, there wasn't an issue at all with space. 

You will be SOOOO much happier having brought your husband with you.  I think it gave my husband a great perspective about what I was going through and the aftercare I'd need at home.  He made friends with a lot of the other patients and companions, too. 

The doctors and nurses at the clinic brought food in for themselves around midday each day and encouraged my husband to eat some of that.  There was, however, a 7-11 within walking distance.  At the recovery house, the cook made my husband "real" food.....so he had plenty more than just broth to eat :)

Your date will be here before you know it! 

In terms of my husband's reaction:  he was EXTREMELY impressed with the process...everything from the drivers picking us up, taking care of our luggage, Dr. Almanza explaining everything to me, the coordinator at the hospital, the coordination of us going to the Marriot, the recovery house...everything. We had only every been to resort-places in Mexico like Cancun and Riviera Maya so it was definitely a little culture shock but we were so well-taken care of and protected the whole time.

Let me know if you have any more questions...I also know a handful of other folks who took a companion so I'm sure they'll help shed some light, too :)

HW: 251  SW: 243  CW: 146  Height: 5'6.5"

Eme 2009
on 2/13/10 7:52 am - FL
...and the best part about having my husband there---he could do things for me, get help if I needed it, rub my back, walk with me, talk with me, get the laptop for me, change the channel for me...you know...all of those things that are just soooo nice to have someone else around for when you are feeling less than stellar. 

He also helped me in the bathroom and shower for the first 24 hours.  He calmed my nerves and kept my eye on the prize, so to speak. 

HW: 251  SW: 243  CW: 146  Height: 5'6.5"

wendyvanosdell
on 2/13/10 1:53 pm
My husband went with me, and there is no way I recommend going without him. My husband had a blast. It was busy when we were there, but the driver still took him all around, which was great. My husband also brought his laptop, so he could catch up on some reports from work. I had trouble with pain the first night, so his presence was invaluable. When I missed the kids and was terribly homesick and wanted to call Continental (in the middle of the night) to change our flight, he talked me out of it. Boy was I glad, we had so much fun shopping that day!! They even let him watch me on the screen during the operation, so he could KNOW I was ok before they took him to Costco for some lunch. I think he ate his way through Tijuana! He did have a really great time, and it is good for them to help, kind of draws you closer. My husband took my stitches out today :)   Congratulations to you!
  Wendy  Vanosdell              
   Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

teshanelson1
on 2/14/10 5:45 am, edited 2/14/10 5:46 am - Dallas, TX

Congrats on the date ,
I am so happy for you and that you have your husband going with you that is great.I haven't had surgery yet i will be having it Feb 19, and  i do  not have anyone to come with me my mom an my cousin said they wanted to go but i know once they get there they will try and talk me out off it .And i don't want my boyfriend going because i know i would have to pay for the airplane tickets and his passport and i am so tried of doing and giving him money i tell him this and it's like he don't care that he's living off of me.I am so sorry for the (RANT& RAVE) but today is Valentines  and i feel so alone as to the fact that he has never done any thing special for me and all i do is give,give give and if i don't he gets mad.AGAIN sorry about the rant and rave. Please tell your husband that you love him for being so loving and caring.Oh yeah and financally able to provide for his family.

God Bless Tesha

jenni80
on 2/14/10 7:36 am
Thanks everyone, oh tesha im so sorry, that really sucks.  Thats not the way a relationship should be, where your man is just take take taking from you.  Its suppose to be both of you doing for eachother and loving and supporting eachother.  Im happy you are going to have this surgery though and doing something good for you!  I think its a big confidence booster and you will feel good about you!  Big hugs to you and this valentines be thankful for you family, not just having a significant other!!! 
E_Saenz
on 2/17/10 1:36 am - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15
Jenn,
I too have put my down payment and have finance problems but keep the faith we will be on the losers bench soon.
yfa

Elia Maria Saenz

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views