Dr. Joya, Dr. Saputa, or Dr. Aceves?

colleendlyd
on 2/8/10 11:44 am
All of the doctors in Mexico sound good - but is it too good to be true? I am planning on having a RNY revision from lapband and there are so many good choices out there it is difficult in narrowing down. Any advice out there?
havertwins
on 2/9/10 12:41 am - Rhinelander, WI
RNY on 08/07/06 with
I had RNY on8-7-06 and had Dr. Joya.  He is a wonderful doctor and would do it all over again with him.  I can't speak about the other doctors, but Dr. Joya is top notch. 
Margo N.
on 2/9/10 1:14 am
Haven't heard anything about Saputa. Have heard all good things about Dr Joya. I chose Dr Aceves for a few reasons - great rep, lots of experience with my procedure (VSG), full hospital facilities, and geographical location near So. California works for me.

Good luck with whomever you choose!
Margo - Burnaby, British Columbia HW 283 / SW 269 / GW 160 (I'm 5'8")
Check out my blog at http://www.vsggoodlife.com/

colleendlyd
on 2/9/10 4:05 am
Thanks for the information on Dr. Joya and Dr. Aceves. I hopefully will be making my mind up soon.
lanacloss
on 2/11/10 10:37 pm
Dr.Aceves is FANTASTIC !!!!
Very nice,and very Clean facility,he has had no leaks and infection you don't have to think about..You could eat off the floor..or I guess DRINK...hahaha..I hope this helps..I travelled alone from Canada to San Diego and was picked up and treated like royallty.!!I would do it all again

Lana
bigisbad
on 2/12/10 11:52 pm, edited 2/12/10 11:52 pm - Canada, Canada
Thought I would add a little to the last post.
I am booked with Almanza for April but used a different site.
I think - not sure but each advisor has their own web site.
The women I used was Melissa Bracker and she was Verrrrry Helpful.
That web site is
http://www.obesesolutions.com/hospital.php
Price for VSG is $5200
Hope that helps.
terry
kward
on 2/14/10 6:23 am
I used Dr. Aceves and I would highly recommend him and his hospital!  Every detail of your trip will be organized and you will be treated like a queen! I think the US healthcare system has much to learn from the incredible care and cleanliness!
Kris

Pete R.
on 3/10/10 10:32 am - Savannah, GA
Not to be overly repetative... Dr. Aceves rocks!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views