update on john and I

jbkb0412
on 2/4/10 11:42 am - Zeeland, MI
John had all his staples out today.  If some of you don't know, John and I went to have VSG surgery with dr. Almanza on 1/12 on the way home John had  leak form and had emergency repair surgery on 1/17 here at our home hospital.  It was a very scary time.  He is doing well and will be able to go back to work on Monday.  I feel great and have 27 lbs off and he has 43lbs off.  It has been a very long month for both of us and we would like you to know that even though dr.'s Almanza and Betancourt did nothing wrong you should still be aware of all the risks that can happen and listen to your body and how you feel.  I don't regret having the surgery but John has yet to decide if it was worth all the pain he has been through.  Just be careful and do all your research know that complications do happen with any surgery and can happen.  Hope for the best but prepare for all situations and good luck to all.
kari
hollykim
on 2/5/10 12:24 am, edited 2/5/10 12:24 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Kari,
Glad to know John is on the up and up and you are doing well also.
Holly

Eme 2009
on 2/5/10 3:24 am - FL
Kari,
  I am so glad to hear that John is on the mend.  And for both of you--your weightloss thus far is amazing.  Sending you both my best!

Anne

HW: 251  SW: 243  CW: 146  Height: 5'6.5"

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views