I just pay my deposit Im having surgery on 2/24 with Dr. Almanza

(deactivated member)
on 2/2/10 6:51 am - duluth, GA
I just paying my deposit to have surgery with Dr. Almanza Im scared I just pray I do fine I cant wait to have my surgery and start looking beautiful.... any suggestions on what should I take
hollykim
on 2/2/10 12:49 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Congrats on your date. I will miss you by a week.
Good luck!
Holly

(deactivated member)
on 2/7/10 11:08 am - duluth, GA
Same to you good luck
(deactivated member)
on 2/3/10 12:40 am
I was sleeved by Dr. Almanza on Jan 13, 2010 and packed way, way too much.
I suggest:
extra undies...  two per day
one nice pair PJ's, with pants and button down top.  Warm bathrobe.
baby wipes....  (you will probably throw up after surgery, very common)
Lysol wipes (only two bathrooms in the entire medical facility)
warm socks, hospital socks
chap stick
comfy clothes for the recovery hous: sweats, warm shirt, tee shirt...(the recovery house is cold!!  No central heat)

And a PASSPORT

(someone blogged they were only going to take their birth certificate and a receipt that they had mailed away for their passport!!  YIKES! )

You do not need latex gloves, food or really anything else.
There is a laptop at the recovery house for all to use.  Plenty of food, broth, pops, etc. Heck, they even have shampoo in the showers for guests!
A small Spanish-English or English-Spanish dictionary would be helpful.
Extra cash to tip the driver Tony, the staff at the recovery house, etc.  Everyone went above and beyond when I was there.

Good luck.
Janet
Laura G.
on 2/3/10 9:46 am, edited 2/3/10 9:46 am - New Bedford, MA
(someone blogged they were only going to take their birth certificate and a receipt that they had mailed away for their passport!!  YIKES! )

Janet I posted that I DO HAVE a passport and my daughter who is 13 didn't. I stated that as a worst case scenario I would do that but upon more research I found out that she doesn't need one since she is under 16.

HW257 SW196 CW149.5 GW145

(deactivated member)
on 2/3/10 9:57 pm - duluth, GA
Awesome Thanks for your suggestions
(deactivated member)
on 2/7/10 11:07 am - duluth, GA
Thank so much
wendyvanosdell
on 2/7/10 6:20 pm
Hey !! It was me!!  I did it!!!!!   AGGHHHHH!!!! 
I am on the losing (winning) side!!
You were very right about my seriously overpacking!!!  I didn't use any of it  :)
EVeryone was so kind there, and they had everything. I was thinking about it, it is kind of like what I would imagine a celebrity gets treated like at hospitals in the US. I am so glad I went. I can't say that enough.   I would    highly   recommend bringing someone with you.
I had to bring my birth cert, drivers license and passport reciept fromthe post office, because I changed dates and no way would my passport be there in time. I called the passport people, it was processed, but it never would reachmein time. I could do this fast order thing, or evenin person thing, but it was an extra 100, and not worth it. IhadabsolutelyNO problems at theborder.
 I thought this was so cool- the border patrol agents mom also had the surgery done, small world  :)
I have one other hint that helped me, I started  my period while there, and I threw away any panties that got blood on them, as by next cycle, I won't be wearing that size anyway, I dunno, I thought that was a neat and helpful thought.
Anyway, thanks for the advice Jem, it was right on target! FYI- 11 pounds gone so far .. and my husband keeps hugging me, and smiling, and I do too.
  Wendy  Vanosdell              
   Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

thinasiwant
on 2/3/10 7:00 am
Congratulations!!!! The best thing I brought were my most comfy house shoes and some cute lounge wear---stretchy pants and top....you will be walking and you want to be feeling good v. in the hospital gown.....Oh my secret weapon....electric blanket!!!!!
Thinasiwant

wendyvanosdell
on 2/7/10 6:22 pm
about th cold -I just used the little heater in the room, it worked great, it is tiny and on the floor, looks like one they carry at walmart.
  Wendy  Vanosdell              
   Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views