101lbs an lossing

vinnymac
on 2/3/10 1:25 am - Mobile, AL
Today is 8 weeks out of surgery and I'm happy to say I have lost 101 lbs as of this morning still have a long way to go but I'm very happy with the first 100 lbs I've been working out 5 days a week 40 to 50 min of cardio and 35 to 50 min of weight training depends on want body part I'm training. Today is biceps and triceps .Love the gym.

Vinny Mac

Vinny Mac

BreBre07
on 2/3/10 2:21 am - Dallas, TX
VSG on 02/26/10 with
OMG Vinny...that is AWESOME!! I am so very proud of you!!! 

I have 23 more days to GO!!!! 

Keep up the great work!! 

Brenda Potts

bigisbad
on 2/3/10 3:48 am - Canada, Canada
On February 3, 2010 at 10:21 AM Pacific Time, BreBre07 wrote:
OMG Vinny...that is AWESOME!! I am so very proud of you!!! 

I have 23 more days to GO!!!! 

Keep up the great work!! 
Hey BreBre07
Looks like your up in 3 weeks.
Good 4 you.
I am still in the selection process of who, when, where.
I see your posted under Mexico so may I ask where, who and what type of surgery.

Thanks in advance

T
BreBre07
on 2/3/10 4:37 am - Dallas, TX
VSG on 02/26/10 with
 Hi there T,,,

I mostly post in the Surgical VSG forum, but every once in awhile, will jump into the Mexico forum!!  Yes,,,my time is almost here and I can hardly stand the wait!  I am more than ready! I had orginally had my mind set on the Band, but after MUCH research on OH and other websites, word of mouth, etc..I decided that the Sleeve was the surgery for me. I already knew if I wanted to have the surgery done, Mexico was the place. I am self-pay, and frankly, could not afford anywhere else. I felt very comfortable with that....so the next step was to research and choose a surgeon. I will be honest and say that I chose Dr. Almanza from TJ, Mexico, he had some good reports and the price was RIGHT! However.....the more I researched, I found Dr. Alvarez from from Peidras Negras, Mexico. He is more expensive, but I actually had the opportunity to meet him in person in Houston a few weekends ago at a WLS convention. He is WONDERFUL. I knew instantly, he was the surgeon for me. His patient coordinator is just as wonderful as he is!! 

Now, please do not get me wrong. I know several people from OH that went to Dr. Almanza and are very pleased. It was more of a personal choice for me.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to ask me any questions!!! 

Bre

Brenda Potts

bigisbad
on 2/3/10 8:34 am - Canada, Canada
BreBre
Thanks for such a informative reply.
This is where I'm at right now.
I know I need the surgery and I want to get it done.
I make decisions quickly as that I am not a procrastinator.
Since I split my time between Canada and South Texas equally I think my best bet is Mexico.
Also the savings does not hurt.
In the past 5 days I have read soooooo many blogs and forums that I really think I have narrowed down my decision.
VSG fro sure as that because I travel alot maintenance would be unbearable.
Mexico is a for sure as the price is affordable
Decision is when?
Between Dr Almanza in TJ, Dr - Dr Rodriguez in Monterrey - and now Dr. Alvarez in Peidras Negras.
All three have glowing recommendations... your coming from someone that has actually met him.
Can I ask what the fees are that you were quoted.
His website looks great.
Should I continue to chat here or would you like my email
Thanks
Terry
annoly
on 2/3/10 7:36 am - sugar land, TX
That's so awesome! I'm 3 and half weeks out and have lost 25lbs! I am so happy with everything...... I have no complications whatsoever. Dr Rod and his group are awesome folks!
E_Saenz
on 2/5/10 10:47 pm - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

Vinny that is so great I am so proud of you I know it hasn't been all peaches and Cream but man that is an awesome accomplishment.  Hey when is your girl going to have her surgery?
I am glad to hear your well and you need to post some pics hopefully you have been taking some along the way!
God Bless!!!!

Elia Maria Saenz

vinnymac
on 2/6/10 1:36 pm - Mobile, AL
I will post some pics Im not sure when she is going to have it I hope soon so she will get off my back about lossing weight and leaveing

Vinny Mac

MSOZARK
on 2/15/10 3:49 am - Indep, MO
VINNY
  YOU ARE DOING GREAT!!!! I  HAVE LOST 49 IN 4 MONTHS ,,, BUT YOU ARE DOING GREAT...
 I HAD MY BAND DONE IN CANCUN { GREAT PLACE TO GO AND HAVE SURG AND THEN RE-COOP  IN A BEAUTIFUL PLACE!!} 
  TAKE CARE ... DEBRA
dakhoffman
on 2/27/10 10:05 am
Congratulations!!! That is some amazing results!  Way to go! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views