Monterrey Mexico or Reynosa?

bigisbad
on 2/2/10 9:57 pm - Canada, Canada
Monterrey Mexico or Reynosa?
Anyone have a recommendation for a surgeon in these two towns?
Wanting to get the "sleeve" procedure and don't really want to go to Tijuana.
Not too sure how to research a doc and the facilities when I don't have a recommendation
Hoping to hear back
Thanks
Journey O.
on 2/3/10 5:18 am

Hi,

I just had a revision done with Dr. Zapata in Monterrey.  I have nothing but fantastic things to say about Dr. Z and his team.  The entire trip was beyond what I could have hoped for!

Check out his website:  www.ready4achange.com

Good luck!

Jackie

Revision: 1/12/2010-Dr. Zapata;  (338 RNY) HW 245/SW 215/CW 193 / GW 170
"One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star." ~Nietzsche~

bigisbad
on 2/3/10 8:39 am - Canada, Canada
Thanks Jackie!
L N
on 2/3/10 9:31 pm, edited 2/3/10 9:32 pm

You did not ask about Mexicali, but that is where I went for my VSG surgery.  Dr. Aceves was the Dr. I chose after much research.

I like the location, as I too was not sure about going to Tijuana.  Also Dr. Aceves works out of a full blown hospital with ICU unit, etc, and not a clinic.  I stayed at the hospital the entire time after surgery, no going to a motel or recovery house.  That made me feel better knowing that if anything did go wrong I was right there in the hospital with Dr's and nurses. 

I can honestly say that I have had 3 operations here in the US, but that my surgery experience in Mexico was the best surgery that I have every had.  Dr. Aceves and his assistant Dr. Campos comes in and checks on you at least 4-5 times a day and even at night.  The hospital is by far the cleanest hospital I have ever been in.

In fact, I had such a great experience and have been doing so well, that a friend of mine and my sister have both been and had the VSG with Dr. Aceves.

Take your time, do your research and I am sure you will find the Dr. that is right for you.

bigisbad
on 2/9/10 12:00 am - Canada, Canada
Made my decision.
Booked for April 8 in TJ with Doc Almanza for VSG
Mexico is my second home so that felt right.
Booked my flights and will stay a few extra days.
Feel gooooood!
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views