Dr Almanza

Irishsweettart
on 2/1/10 1:53 pm - North Las Vegas, NV
Well Paige & I had our surgery friday!!!  Dr almanza was great.  My blog gives more details!  Happy to answer any questions you might have!!!  I will go back there for plastics with Dr Lara for sure!

Laura G.
on 2/1/10 10:36 pm - New Bedford, MA
Glad you are doing so well. Sorry that Paige had such a bad go round with the anesthesia. I've been there and can definitely understand how that feels. I was wondering what your pre-op diet was. I have heard conflicting things about Dr. Almanza's requirements and since you are a recent patient, you should have the most current recommendations. Are there any suggestions about stuff to bring, etc? I know gas x strips are a given, but anything else that you wish you had thought to bring? Thanks a bunch.
Laura

HW257 SW196 CW149.5 GW145

BTR1DAY
on 2/1/10 10:49 pm - Danbury, CT
Hello,

I am scheduled to be sleeved in April by Dr. Almanza.  I'm scared  to death.  If I could aford to do the procedure in the U.S. of course I would.  If I could aford to do it one of the other bigger, more modern and safe places in Mexico, I would.  What can anyone tell me about what to expect.
     HW:247  SW:227      Goal Weight 140    (For Now)                                                     
thinasiwant
on 2/3/10 6:46 am
Congrats! See my blog for my VSG details!
Kira
Thinasiwant

wendyvanosdell
on 2/7/10 6:30 pm
I honestly don't think you could do better than Dr. almanza, it was great. My name is Wendy, I just got back. If you want you can call me- 225-665-4463. I will help you any I can.
  Wendy  Vanosdell              
   Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

hollykim
on 2/2/10 1:57 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
I will be having my surgery on the 18th so we might meet up at the recovery house.

My pre op diet is 2 weeks of three protein shakes a day and a protein salad at dinner Then 3 days of clears then nothing 12 hrs before surgery.

I think it depends on you BMI. Mine is high so I get to do the whole deal.

Good luck!
Holly

wendyvanosdell
on 2/7/10 6:29 pm
my gasx strips gummed up  in my mouth, a fellow sleever gave me some of her gasx chewables, and they were perfect!  (thanks Herminia!)
  Wendy  Vanosdell              
   Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

hollykim
on 2/2/10 1:59 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Glad to hear from you. I have been looking and looking for your post. Glad everyone is better now!
Holly

Irishsweettart
on 2/2/10 2:28 am - North Las Vegas, NV
My pre-op diet was 2 protien drinks a day for 7-14 days out and chicken and salad for dinner.  Three days out you are on pure clear liquids.  I lost 19 lbs before surgery, but have had alot of issues going on in my life that contributed to it.  Break-up, death of my gram ect...
 My recomendations to bring with you is someone to be there with you.  It is a must for me, if they speak spanish evedn better lol. The Gas ex strips, comfy clothes, a book.  They keep you pretty busy, you won't be bored by any means.  The water in the shower does not stay hot very long in the hospital, so soap up with it off then turn it on or you will freeze!!!  Don't be afraid, they will take great care of you, make you feel like one of the family, and we are recovering great!  My sister that went with us, is a doctor and helped us out, but she said they did a great job as well.  She actually thinks maybe we have way to much overkill here in the USA.  Again if you have any questions let me know :)

Laura G.
on 2/2/10 2:49 am - New Bedford, MA
I'm glad they are taking good care if you guys. I am afraid of the pre-op diet. I am barely over 30 for a BMI and I am afraid I will lose too much and not be able to get the surgery. Its a strange thing to worry about but it is a big concern for me right now. I should talk to my coordinator about that I suppose.
Thanks for the shower info. Thats exactly the sort of thing I want to know about ahead of time. Just like someone else posted about bringing washcloths that they didn't seem to have a lot there. These are things that we depend on those who went before us to tell us. So thanks so much for that.
Hollykim, I am sure we will see you there. I am so excited. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas.

HW257 SW196 CW149.5 GW145

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views