My Story

carlsongang
on 2/1/10 12:07 am - Clackamas, OR
I left on Jan 26, 2010 and flew into San Diego. Stayed the night there and then was picked up in the morning from the airport. Our first stop was to have our lab work done. From there we were taken to the clinic where we met all the staff. Everyone is so friendly there and do there best to communicate with you. There is a lot of waiting at the clinic. They get everyone ready and then take you back when it is your turn.

I was put in a room with a gal who had plastic surgery and she was eating Cheetos when I walked in. That was torture, seeing how I had been on a liquid diet and knew I wouldn't be eating for quite a while. I was second to have my surgery done. 45 minutes after surgery I was up walking around. Can you believe it? I didn't get the chills like I have read others have gotten. A couple hours later I was taken to the recovery house.

I didn't sleep much that night, I was afraid of pulling out my stitches ( I still am). The next morning I got up and was taken for my xray. I only had to drink one liquid and it was cool because I got to see everything on the xray. From there we headed back to the recovery house.

Later that day, they offered to take anyone who wanted to go, shopping. I was feeling pretty good, so I went. They took us to a place called Revolution Street where we learned real quick how to bargain with the shops. We had two people with us that were along for support and on our way back, they did a drive-thru at Carl's Jr for them to eat. The smell really got to me but I didn't feel like eating. Back at the recovery house the plastic surgery sisters had ordered pizza, but again I didn't really crave it. It was hard for some of the other people there.

Friday morning I was up at 4am to leave. Going across the border only took a few minutes. Our border agent was happy as the driver explained and just let us through. The plane ride home was a little hard. Not much room to move around and the gas build up from surgery was worse on the plane.

The only real problems I have had since being home is the gas and the port site for the Lap-Band is really painful. I am at work today and have been up and moving around most of the weekend. I still cannot sleep laying down, so I sleep in my recliner. Overall it was a good experience.
hollykim
on 2/1/10 11:38 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Thanks for your post! Glad to know you are doing well. Keep us posted.
Holly

michelle mazie
on 2/5/10 3:03 am - Grandview, WA
I seen that your having surgery on the 18th so am I, scheduled for a lapband, but
have been considering changing to the sleeve. Hope to see you there.
brokendreamzzz32
on 2/1/10 9:02 pm
IM GLAD YOUR DOING SO WELL AND THAT U HAD SUCH A PLEASANT EXPERIENCE,THATS GR8! GIVES ME SOMETHING TO LOOK FRWD. TOO. SUZIE
sandysgrin
on 2/5/10 10:17 am - mesa, AZ
I'm due to fly to San Diego on 2-10 and lap on 2-11 ( my sister and I :)  is time going slow or is it just me :)
Sandy in AZ on Mars

sher1019
on 2/11/10 1:32 am - Katy, TX
I am leaving for my surgery on 2/24/10. How much have you lost so far. My starting weight is 420 lbs. im hoping it comes off quick!
(deactivated member)
on 2/11/10 9:00 am
VERY INTERESTING--THANKS
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?