esophagus

vinnymac
on 1/25/10 12:40 am - Mobile, AL
His anyone who has had the lap band surgery had problems with it being placed around the esophagus instead of the stomach my girlfriend read that this is something that could happen .

Vinny Mac

Vinny Mac

zsflower
on 1/26/10 4:11 pm - Elk Grove, CA

YES!  It happened to me!  When I had my original surgery done almost 8 years ago, my band was placed on my esophagus.  I started having problems almost right from the start, but my original surgeon just poo..pooed me!  I finally found a new surgeon and my band was removed and I converted to a gastric bypass.  My esophagus is pretty much ruined and I'm still fighting problems with my esophagus!  Not a fun thing!  Be careful about your surgeon and if something is wrong and he won't listen, find someone else!

Sandy Johnston
Patient Care Coordinator
aLighterMe.com

bikerchickk
on 1/29/10 11:56 pm - Sequim, WA
That is why most bands are revised. My main reason for choosing the gastric sleeve, less complications than other surgerys. But the band being placed around the esophagus is usually only a side effect of an inexperienced surgeon if that helps.

Height 5'6"  HW 263 SW 239 LW 142 From size 20/22 to size 5/6   

At 4 years out I crept back up to 180 now working my way back down. CW 173 size 10

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views