I'm here...yay

goldiekat
on 1/20/10 11:32 pm - Vega, TX
I ditto everyone .  Especially the keeping us posted when you are up too it.  My surgery is 2/5 and at times it seems like two years away then other times it seems to close lol. 

Prayers going up.
Goldiekat^..^ Jeanette Petersen
Mother of three skin kids, three dogs, two gliders & two bratty cats
nursechick78
on 1/23/10 4:40 am - Sumrall, MS

Hello all my well wishers. I am here in Washington waiting for my layover to New Orleans. I had an uneventful surgery, Thank you sweet Jesus. My surgery was last probably bc I had a lap band revision, they removed it and converted to sleeve. I was up walking 30 minutes after my surgery, they were amazed, they had not seen that before. But being a nurse I know the sooner you walk the faster you get rid of the gas and les likely to get a blood clot. I'm doing well just tired and ready to be home. I do feel some hungry pains occasionally but they go away as fast as they came on. I did drink 1/2 pint of milk on the plane and I was full. My stomach feels a lil crampy when I drink anything but it doesnt last long. I would suggest anyone if they have access to pain med like liquid Lortab or phenergan for nausea and vomiting to bring it. I brought mine and it help tremendous amounts. I was up and down that first night, just could not get comfortable. The 2nd day I finally slept some, yay. First night in recovery house I took a hot shower and WORE myself out, it took me a good 2 hours to get comfortable after that so I took my Lortab and Phenergan and shortly after that I went to la la land. I hope this helps some of you. I will post more later on.  Thanks again for all the well wishes, I sure did appreciate them.

hollykim
on 1/23/10 10:01 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Good to hear you are on the way home and glad to know all is well. I have been looking for your post!
Holly

Eme 2009
on 1/23/10 1:33 pm - FL
Great to hear from you!  Have a safe trip home and keep up the great work :)

HW: 251  SW: 243  CW: 146  Height: 5'6.5"

wendyvanosdell
on 1/23/10 3:43 pm
Congratulations- you are surely home by now and with your baby girl. take care
  Wendy  Vanosdell              
   Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

nursechick78
on 1/25/10 3:15 am - Sumrall, MS
Has anyone had any hunger pains after surgery? I am having them now. I spoke with Shirley and she said that is normal, that the hunger will go away as your stomach heals. Hope all the best to everyone. I'm doing well just tired and seem to get even more fatigued with activity.
I have lost 5 pounds since surgery and 13 from highest.

Tabitha
Eme 2009
on 1/25/10 3:40 am - FL
I am still confused about what my new hunger pangs feel like.  WIthin my first week, I would get rumblings that were really just my stomach digesting or something...and while I was on just liquids, I don't get a "full" feeling.  That has only happened as the density of what I am eating has increased.  Creamier soups, ricotta cheese, etc....that gives me a massive full feeling just below my breast bone and if I take just ONE more bite, I feel it being rejected.  lol

The only real "hunger" I've experienced is in my head.  I see food and it looks good but I can't have it or I am eating something that tastes good and I am sooooo used to eating waaaaaaaaay more than 3 spoonfuls that I think my brain is confused.  Heck---While preparing a meal pre-op, I'd "sample" on the amount that fills me up now!!!!

HW: 251  SW: 243  CW: 146  Height: 5'6.5"

nursechick78
on 1/25/10 4:06 am - Sumrall, MS

EmeraldCoast09, I am actually having hunger pains.  It does feel like a rumbling or growling feeling. If I let it go on to long I get nauseated. I usally have some broth or Gatorade. Chicken broth never tasted so good lol :)  We do have some adjusting to do with our brains. When I was in the Recovery House the lady I was sharing a room with was watchin the Food Network, I was like your killing me here. But I wasnt hungry then. Shirley told me as my stoamach heals the hunger will go away.  Last night I dreamed of food, sad I know. Good luck.

Tab

hollykim
on 1/25/10 7:36 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Might it be acid reflux in addition to hunger? Are you on a PPI?

nursechick78
on 1/25/10 10:03 am - Sumrall, MS
I am taking a tums in the mornings. I talked to Shirley and she said to not drink milk bc right now I may be Lactose intolerant :(  That is going to suck if I am Lactose intolerante for ever.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views