currency

maryja
on 1/17/10 12:11 pm - NS, Canada
Hi,

I've never been to Mexico.  Can you pay for meals etc with american cash or is it best to take US travellers cheques?

Thanks - My date is March 1 - can't wait for it to get here!!!

MJ
MJ
Margo N.
on 1/17/10 11:46 pm
I hear that you can pay for meals at the hotel and the hospital with American cash - not sure about outside those places, but I know the taxi drivers also take American $$. The hotel will also take credit cards of course, as will the pharmacy etc. Make sure and let your card issuer know that you will be using it in Mexico.

I'll be in Mexicali for a VSG 2 weeks before you - good luck on your surgery!
Margo - Burnaby, British Columbia HW 283 / SW 269 / GW 160 (I'm 5'8")
Check out my blog at http://www.vsggoodlife.com/

maryja
on 1/18/10 2:09 am - NS, Canada
HI Margo,

Thanks for that.  Congrats on your surgery!  I wish I was going with you but I had to wait until March 1 because of work.  Oh, well, I guess it'll be here soon.  It's exciting isn't it?  We are in such good hands with Dr. Aceves.  I hear people on here talking about chosing a surgeon because of price and I just worry for them.  I know we will be so safe and well cared for. 

All the best and let's keep in touch.  Add me as a friend.

Hugs,

MJ in NS
MJ
funnursechick
on 1/26/10 12:54 pm - MS
The last time I went to Mexico, which is about 3 years ago, I was able to use US Dollars at the restaurants, the little curb store and any of the little shops that my husband grabbed a snack from. This was in Tiajuana mind you, I am not sure about further south into Mexico.

Elisa H.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views