Passport

jenni80
on 1/12/10 6:52 am
Now that my date is getting closer Im thinking I should probably work on my passport.  What type of passport will I need? I was told there is a land passport and a air passport or something.  As you can tell I dont really know what I need!lol  Help!           Oh and how long does it take to get it????
PrettyPixieGirl
on 1/12/10 7:31 am
There is a passport card and a passport book. You can use the card for MX and Canada if you are traveling by land to get there and back. If you are flying right into these places get the book. There is like a 40 or something dollar difference in price. If you mail it in then i would give yourself 6 weeks. You can check on the passport website est turn around times. If you are within two weeks of your trip then you can go in person to the big office. But you have to make an appointment. Then go and wait in line to get a number... then wait til your number comes up. I was there for 8 hours I believe and that was to turn in the paperwork. I had to drive back the next day and wait in another 6 hour line just to pick it up. Oh and they got my name wrong.. so I had to wait again for them to fix it and make a new card. I would not recommend this!!  Once you go in the room you cant leave. They have vendor machines but that doesnt help you if you are on a pre op diet.

HW:260+ SW: 248 Pre-Preg 180 Post-Preg Starting Wt: 225 Current PP wt: 195 GW: 170ish. 

(deactivated member)
on 1/16/10 5:22 am
I got the passport card...I wasn't going to be flying,out of TJ unless, there was a serious emergency...so I chose the passport card...it was 45 dollars...it took 4 wks. for me, to get mine...

Congratulations on your up and coming new life changing experience...!!!

cyndy
jenni80
on 1/16/10 9:51 am
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?