17 more days! Getting nervous. >.<

PTibbits09
on 1/15/10 2:48 am - North Las Vegas, NV
I started my pre-op diet today with uhm, Atkin Advantage protein drinks? They have 15g of protein and 150 calories. Hopefully they're okay. My Mom and I thought we'd just try these to start. So far I'm not impressed. Hahahahah.
hollykim
on 1/15/10 6:51 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
After much trial and error,I have decided to use Nectar chocolate truffle and nectar fuzzy navel.

I have never liked ready to drink shakes...
Holly

cyn s.
on 1/16/10 7:33 am - OR
 I'm just starting the second week of my pre-op, & drinking Atkin Advantage drinks, it's what my rep told me to use.
I think the strawberry tastes like strawberry maalox.. could be worse,haha.

PTibbits09
on 1/16/10 7:45 am - North Las Vegas, NV
My thoughts exactly. I've been drinking the vanilla Atkin Advantage aka watered down chalk in a box. :P
PTibbits09
on 1/16/10 9:44 am - North Las Vegas, NV
So my Mom and I went to GNC today and got a few new protein drinks to try. Just to see if we favored some over the other. It's our second day with the pre-op diet ,and so far we've just had the AA.
So, after some referrals we got the Muscle Milk. It generally has 20gs of protein, and about 200 calories. It has quite a few vitamins as well.  I haven't tried it yet, but it comes in a wider variety of flavors compared to AA. We got banana creme and cookies and creme.
We also purchased some Odawalla Berry Protein smoothies. They have 32g in the whole bottle.
There was another one, I can't remember. But they sound promising! Hahaha.
butterfly_kisses
on 1/16/10 1:27 pm - Canada
So i was told that i only have to do a 3 day pre op diet! is it that big a difference for lap band surgery and the Sleeve, because i noticed your doing like a 2 week pre op diet? i hope im not missing anything they told me multiple times 3 days only!
PTibbits09
on 1/16/10 3:14 pm - North Las Vegas, NV
I have to do a the pre-op diet 7-14 days before surgery, and 3 days before you take a laxative and you can't eat anything at all, just liquids. That's what I was told.
There is a significant difference between the two. One is just getting a band around the stomach,  and the other one is getting most of the stomach removed. I think they need the stomach completely empty, and also, they want to make sure you don't gain any weight before the surgery to keep your liver size down? So I'm told.
Robbin
on 1/19/10 7:50 pm - OK
anyone heard from Emerald Coast?  Hope all went well.   BEST BEST BEST thing in your life you can do for yourself...LOVE MY BAND!  

On the protein drinks,  I use the powdered kind usually.  Netrition, Pro Score 100 I believe it is.  I have a website that I order from that is less expensive than ordering from the Netrition Champion site if anyone is interested in checking it out.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views