Dr. Almanza Feb 4th

maksl53
on 1/11/10 3:44 am - Franklinton, NC
So glad to hear that all went well and I can't wait to read your blog.  I hope you continue to do well and your recovery is quick!  Glad to know that others have/are going alone and managed just fine.
maksl53
on 1/11/10 4:05 am - Franklinton, NC
Hi lolalucy - did you fly on your return home and if so, is there anything I need to know to help make that experience a little more pleasant?  Traveling through airports is such a hassle anymore -
lolalucy
on 1/11/10 7:17 am
 Hi there, yup I flew home.  We called ahead and requested wheelchair assistance, that helped a lot as we could board the plane before others so got the front seat and had lots of room.  Other than that I didn't need a thing on the plane. It wasn't bad at all.
maksl53
on 1/12/10 12:31 am - Franklinton, NC
ok!  I think I read that also - did you have a long flight and did you get up and move around? I am flying from San Diego to Raleigh and I have a stop in Dallas - each flight is about 3 hrs I think - I tried to break the legs up evenly so I wasn't sitting too long - 

Did you have any problems after surgery? ie: gas pains seem to be the prominent complaint, but some say that gas-x strips are a life saver for that.  One person did say the drainage tube was an issue and after that was removed they felt much better.  Did you have any trouble?  My surgery is on the 30th and I'm nervous and anxious - if you couldn't tell ;-)  Thanks for the help and advice !
thinasiwant
on 1/9/10 2:51 pm
Krystal! Congrats! I am just back and have written in my blog. You will like it alot I am sure.
Best,
Kira
Thinasiwant

thinasiwant
on 1/9/10 2:55 pm
PS i was considering the lap band and ended up going with the sleeve. It is only about $500 more $ and their seem to be so many revisions with the band. Please talk to FabBy50. We both used Almanza and she now has the sleeve upon revision, I have it to start. Best of luck!
Kira
Thinasiwant

butterfly_kisses
on 1/11/10 4:59 am - Canada
Well i really havent done any research on the sleeve, but i know people who have done the band and have had great sucess so im going to stick with hat i have also done alot of research on it so im confident with my decision. Thanks!
thinasiwant
on 1/11/10 8:29 am
I am rooting for you no matter what you choose and I am sure you will be a huge success!
Thinasiwant

PrettyPixieGirl
on 1/12/10 7:39 am
Hey there

I had a wonderful time at Dr Almanza. Mx surgery isn't for everyone but it worked for me. You can check my profile for my blog on the experience and feel free to pm me any questions.

HW:260+ SW: 248 Pre-Preg 180 Post-Preg Starting Wt: 225 Current PP wt: 195 GW: 170ish. 

FabBy50 .
on 1/14/10 2:56 am - Everett, WA
For all of you with up coming surgeries...CONGRATS!!!

I have had Dr Almanza for the band and then for my revision on Dec 30th to the sleeve. My only regret in all of this is that I did not have the sleeve to start with!

Krystal, I don't want to try and change your mind but when I had the band I went into it thinking it would be the best. I hate to say it but it was not. I wish someone would have taken me by the shoulders and shook me!! I followed every rule, did what I was supposed to and still I had problems! I lost 40lbs and stopped, no matter how little I ate or how much I worked out nothing. Then the problems started, I could not keep food or even water down at times. There were days when I could eat like a normal person and WAY too many days I could only eat a bite and then spend a half hour in the bathroom. Dinner time is so nice now, the kids don'****ch me like a hawk waiting for me to sneak off to the restroom. Please don't take any of this the wrong way but the sleeve is so much easier, eat and you are done!!!

If you have questions or just want to talk please PM me. Sorry if I came across to pushy, I only wish someone would have been this pushy with me. I spent $10,000 in 9 months!!!! Twice as much as I should have spent. Just give it some thought!
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views