Surgery cost

SKINTY_GODDESS
on 1/4/10 10:07 pm - KNOXVILLE, TN
How much is the surgery cost in Mexico?

"Always a winner but this time I am a looser"

Eme 2009
on 1/4/10 11:54 pm - FL
It varies by doctor and type of surgery.  Also, a lot of the places seem to run specials for certain times of the year and even days of the week.  When I was first looking, I googled and found a lot of sites that explained everything and started e-mailing with patient coordinators to get "quotes".  I know there are some doctors that advertise on OH (see the side bar and the bottom bar) and there are others, also. 

I can say that the cost of surgery in Mexico is significantly less than paying for it in the U.S. 

HW: 251  SW: 243  CW: 146  Height: 5'6.5"

liveinphx
on 1/5/10 1:06 am - Phoenix, AZ
I agree with the above poster, check out the ads on this site and other WLS sites.
There are generally 2 ways of getting surgery outside of the US. You can go through a "broker" type company and contracts with several different surgeons in a given area such as Tijuana or Juarez. You can also deal directly with the surgeons office and their staff (usually a coordinator). Check in to both because prices can vary not only between surgeons and programs but if they are running a "special" or not. If they are not running the "special" when you look in to it ask if they would be willing to "honor" that price. The worst they can say is NO.
Please post your query on the board related to which surgery you want ie RNY, VSG, lapband, DS. Please ask for feedback from folks that actually used THAT surgeon for their procedure.
Whatever you do is it truthful, necessary and kind?
E_Saenz
on 1/6/10 7:55 am - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15
you can go through medical tourism and get an estimate on all of the Doctors in mexico just go to medicaltourism.com and put a request for an estimate that is what I did and I got a pretty good deal $5200.00 good luck!

Elia Maria Saenz

MSOZARK
on 1/7/10 6:03 am - Indep, MO
try DR Sergio Verboonan in Cancun  the cost is $6000  for lap band
www.international-patient-facilitators.com
talk to Sherri...she is GREAT!!!!
she picks you up @ the air port and takes you any where you need to go and stays with you through the surgery and takes care of all of your paper work...
check out the testimonies on their web site...
 GOOD LUCK
sallydnp
on 1/9/10 1:18 pm - MO
Which surgery did you have and who did it for you? I am shopping and any info I can get shortens my research.
E_Saenz
on 1/10/10 10:52 pm - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15
I haven't had my surgery yet but am making payments and will scheduel when I am close to paying it off.

Elia Maria Saenz

E_Saenz
on 1/10/10 10:53 pm - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15
I am having the sleeve!
Ashley1214
on 1/7/10 12:53 pm - delray beach, FL
RNY on 05/18/09 with
I had RNY with Dr Joya....

it cost me $12,500 all-inclusive (air, hotel, hospital, meds, test, RNY) It was great and I loved it!

fernando123
on 1/15/10 2:53 pm - chichuahua, Mexico
hi
well it depends of ,the doctor ,the type of surgery , the city , and if the surgery its perfomed in a hospital or in a surgical center.
There are many trained surgeons here in mexico , and obviusly the price is like 40% less than US for several reasons , the cost of life is the most important
however ... most of the best bariatric mexican surgeons offers the lapband surgery and the by-pass
lap band in the range of   6000- 10500
and the by-pass           9000-13500

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views