Rev & PS Arms Dr. Almanza

(deactivated member)
on 1/2/10 10:05 am - Nashville, TN
On January 2, 2010 at 5:48 PM Pacific Time, stoongal wrote:
Nikki, sweetie, love you lots - you know that, I'm sad you had an infection and glad you are not blaming the dr's there.  I feel that his coordinators are also sad to see the attacks that are made - mostly - it would appear- not to be vindictive - but to scare people enough to go elsewhere, tactics used by those paid to discredit them.  Dog eat dog world out there in the bariatric field in Mexico. Plant some gawd awful stories to steer newbies away from the best, and unbeatable prices for the sleeve anywhere. 
Human nature being what it is, people tend to believe this stuff! And those of us who had great experiences there, like myself, are really saddened by these tactics. 
Newbies, in your research, if outlandish problems are attributed to this facility, check out how new the poster was, and if they stayed long enough to post again and again like all members usually do on a repeat basis.  But mostly no, they plant their slander and leave!  In and out real quick with no way to trace them!  Cowards and cheats!  I am sickened by them.  Nikki, your problems were with the coordinators I gather?  Was it bad enough to discourage others from going?  You are doing so well and are such a beauty, I wish you could find it in your heart to be a little more lenient in your assessment of the experience.  We need to help others choose a good skilled surgeon and  one they can afford, and Dr Almanza is it in spades!.
The new Hospital Jerusalem opens this coming week and all surgeries will be performed there.  I will be going back down there Friday and my youngest daughter and sister will arrive Sunday for their sleeves on Monday the 11th.   
So I will be there until the morning of the 15th.  Hopefully I will personally see some of you also going in that time frame!  Celebrate your decision to change your lilves forever in 2010!  It will truly be a Happy New Year for you!
butterfly_kisses
on 1/3/10 10:45 am - Canada
hi where abouts in canada are you located? im in ontario and i will be going to dr almanza Feb 4th just wondering if you have any information for me? like did u fly into san diego first and someone picked you up?
stoongal
on 1/3/10 10:15 pm - Canada
On January 3, 2010 at 6:45 PM Pacific Time, butterfly_kisses wrote:
hi where abouts in canada are you located? im in ontario and i will be going to dr almanza Feb 4th just wondering if you have any information for me? like did u fly into san diego first and someone picked you up?
I am in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, and yes we fly into San Diego and they meet you there at the airport and take you to the guest house.  Who is your patient coordinator?  they should be giving you all the info you need or answer any of your questions.  But we will certainly be glad to help too!  Whereabouts are you located?

goldiekat
on 1/8/10 7:38 am - Vega, TX
Hey can you take some pics for us of the new hospital?  Take pics of everything if possible.
Goldiekat^..^ Jeanette Petersen
Mother of three skin kids, three dogs, two gliders & two bratty cats
Eme 2009
on 1/8/10 9:14 am - FL
Did you see the pictures on the website?  I think they are from the new facility, anyway...I'll be there next week!

HW: 251  SW: 243  CW: 146  Height: 5'6.5"

ryansgirl
on 1/2/10 11:08 pm
i understand all that Donna (love you lots too) . And as i always mention i think Dr. almanza knows his stuff but i will never forget the fact of being lied on or the common courtesy of the whole ordeal I'm not trying to change anyone mind I'm giving my opinion. it no more no less.  And like i mention before i will never ever go over seas or anyplace for  surgery again. It was painful for me too and still no apology. so i understand they feel the need to defend or whatever but  I use to own a HP laptop that i actually hated and yet HP did not come knocking at my door when people asked me what i though of their computer (worst laptop i ever had and  i will never ever buy another HP again but hundreds still do). At the end of the day people will choose who they decide and i know that. after all I'm just one person and this has being going on way before i came in the picture. and I'm nothing like those people I'm not trying to tear any one down or any one business. I chat with many of the people who leave to go there and i always wish them them the best of luck.

xoxo,
Nikki
FabBy50 .
on 1/4/10 3:08 am - Everett, WA
Just had to jump in here, I just got back from having a revision surgery with Dr. Almanza. He did my original band too, I have no problems recomending him to anyone, he is a very competant surgeon.

I was like you I lost weight at first and then nothing, I got stuck at the same weight for almost 5 months. Then I started having problems with the band, lots of them. I'm so happy to have that crappy piece of junk out of me. I had a wonderful moment this morning, I was able to get up and have a cold glass of water!!!! I know that is not a big deal to many people but with the band I could not drink water till afternoon, I have always been a big water drinker so this is great.

Don't let ANYONE scare you about going there, everytime I read things from peopl who have NEVER been to Dr. Almanza I want to scream!!!!!!  He is a wonderful man and a gifted surgeon!

Good luck to you!
Bernadette
FabBy50 .
on 1/4/10 3:18 am - Everett, WA
Donna

I so agree with you!!  Nikki, I love you girl but come on. Get on with your life and forget about your coordinaters lack of care and concern. I have seen you poast for months about what a wonderful experience you had and then you did a 360 and contridicted every single thing that you have said in the past. You say yiou had a great experience and that Dr. A is a great surgeon, so what story do you want to get across to the newbies???

Just a little food for thought
Bernadette
LadySTX
on 1/4/10 5:54 am
LadySTX finally getting back to the Group after all the information furnished to This "Newbie". 
Thank you EVERYONE for all the data.  This has been very helpful. I read the replies while at work these last 4 days and benefited greatly.
I Will be crossing the TJ border on the 13th accompanying my daughter.  We are both very excited and I believe come pretty well armed.  If you have your mind made up to do "these things" that we are all interested in doing and seriously desiring change in our lives, I believe that is 70% right there.  Highly motivated.  And Why Mexico?  It is dollars and cents.  However, I have and did humongous research before my band in 2005 and was thrilled with the services provided by my band doctor, in let's face it, a Third World Country.  Having a strong familiarity with medical services on Eastern LI New York and in St. Croix VI, I am not totally green.  But we represent a great opportunity to the many doctors who help us and capitalize on our needs and desires.  They definitely do their level best at providing a quality service in comfort and style while keeping the prices down.  In 2006 I had a full knee by a well known Vegas surgeon only to find out that another of his pts lost her leg (diabetic) to hospital infection. 
What I like about the TJ doctors whom I have studied is that they pick the anesthesiologist and assistant surgeons.  They usually design their own clinics and aftercare facilities which makes it possible to travel alone and have your surgery. I am thrilled by how many of you have used Dr. Almanza and are well pleased at his skill.  I have read that many can do the band over and over, but to have done as many revisions as he has done--that requires a much higher skill level.  I am so pleased about that.  It is scary to get that band out and play around so much down there.
After the surgeon does "his thing", for me, the worst part is going to be the post op nausea.  I get the dry heaves for hours and it is almost unbearable until it is finally over and one gets some sleep.  I'm sorting getting used to it and know that it will pass and I can survive.
I love all your replies, your blogs and have decided to take my laptop after all to keep in touch with all you all.  Here's to a very Happy New Year with do-able Resolutions in 2010. Now I have to start asking some questions about PS arms and see how soon I can drive and get back to work.
LadySTX
on 1/4/10 5:57 am
LadySTX here again, I forgot to post my "signature" SUSAN so that we can meet each other during our experience.  I will be there from 13th to 18th.  Thanks  Surgery, (I think) on 14th.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views