Rev & PS Arms Dr. Almanza

tonya4191
on 12/31/09 7:15 am
LOL.   Ok, you can say what you want, But in your above post you did NOT correctly inform a newbie. Your post was based on half truth. I personally feel as if you are going to put ANY kind of information on the board it needs to be honest,clear to understand, and straight to the point, in which I feel that your above post wasnt. BUT WHAT EVER!!!

Question___so why would i knowing walk into a situation where i know of problems coming from a facility.To not know is one thing, but to know and still go....uh???  That's my point Ms. Tonya4191

Answer______ Well, Im assuming you WONT be having your surgery in Mexico with the Doctor  you chose or anywhere else for that matter, because ALL hospitals, clinics, surgery suites, and where ever else they perform surgery or health care, will have  PROBLEMS!!!!! So if you think other wise you should conduct MORE RESEARCH And NEVER go on just heresay, its kind of like the the telephone game, the information is never correct when it gets back to the source.

Im going to Dr. Almanza on Jan 8th, I will be sure to post my FIRST HAND experience!!!!

Good luck to the newbie, you will find some of the best knowledgeable people on this forum..

((((HUGS))))
mellaella
on 12/31/09 12:00 pm - Stockbridge, GA
oh i get it now, i advise someone to do research and i'm attacked.Wow! I'M DONE.But the reason we are all on this board is because we want to lose weight,SO with that being said i hope everyone has a happy new year and we all lose all the weight we desire.I don't know the answers, but i know that i have had to maintain a strong front for my family and friends who think i am nuts for traveling to Mexico.I have convinced them that i have the best doctor, but i honestly AM going off hearsay, his resume and claimed experience oh,and the fact that the coordinator claims he had no deaths.The only thing i'm certain of is i have a little angel who will only be turning one on January 6th.After i had him i last year (c-section), i got pneumonia which was the hospital accquired kind, and i could have died if i had dismissed my discomfort because it  happened so gradually, then bame my lungs completely shut down at the hospital by that night.I'm saying this to say, thats why i'm so afraid because i know what its like to be in a critical situation where you need people who know what there doing.Best luck to everyone!!
tonya4191
on 12/31/09 12:10 pm
I wish you luck as well, and if it seemed like I was attacking you, then Im sooo sorry,Sometimes I can come across wrong, so once again, I am sorry.
You are right we all are here to get support and lose weight.
By the way we are neighbors, Well sord of, I live in Gwinnett near DiscoverMills, I just moved from Stockbridge.

Anyway, Happy New Year!!!
mellaella
on 12/31/09 12:37 pm - Stockbridge, GA
Its totally fine.No apology neccesary.I didnt realize you were having surgery next week, so i feel i might have been a little insensitive as well. I know you are so excited and I'm excited for you! I for the record have heard many good reviews as well on Almanza.I used to live of Indian Trl. a few years ago, so i no a lil bout Gwinnett as well.Please keep us all posted, and have a safe journey!!!!
hollykim
on 12/31/09 7:23 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On December 31, 2009 at 12:28 PM Pacific Time, mellaella wrote:

First let me say i was not trying to discourage Lasdystx. i was telling her to do more research.I would be so happy to save money and go to Almanza myself, but after doing my personal research i feel its not the option for me, nor was Alvarez who drops you off at a hotel 90  miles away from the hospital after surgery for recovery.It's all in the details.If you had surgery with Almanza and it was a good experience, thats wonder, but i'm nervous about the whole situation, so why would i knowing walk into a situation where i know of problems coming from a facility.To not know is one thing, but to know and still go....uh???  That's my point Ms. Tonya4191

It certainly is one thing to know about problems coming from a facility and perfectly reasonable to discuss them. It is totally another thing to keep harping or gossiping on said problems AFTER THE PROBLEMS HAVE BEEN CORRECTED,as these infections have been contained.
So there is no reason for anyone to fear this surgeon.
He has received many excellent reports from people who have been there,and that is what prospective patients should also look at.

MARVEN00037
on 1/8/10 6:08 am - pierrefonds, Canada
hi there i was one of the unfortunate people who got an infection what i recommend is you make sure that you get dr betancourt who works on after care give you a strong enough antibiotic this will help make sure you don't get and infection.   

zsflower
on 12/31/09 5:02 am - Elk Grove, CA

I just had to jump in here.  When someone mentions Vertical Sleeve Talk, I can't help but cringe! 

You are right that they seem to have, well let's just say some bias (I don't want to accuse here!).  For example, it has been recently stated about "All the infections reported on Vertical Sleeve" for Dr. Almanza.  I went through that very thread.  There were 6 pages and 76 posts.  Want to know how many people had first hand experience and reported an infection?  2!  Yes, TWO! 

When you take into consideration the amount of surgeries performed by this surgeon and that facility, that number is very acceptable. 

Sorry..I just had to say something!  I wish everyone a health, happy and skinny New Year!!!

Sandy Johnston
Patient Care Coordinator
aLighterMe.com

E_Saenz
on 12/31/09 6:33 am - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15
I have heard that many doctors have problems such that are spoken about here and I know that I am very consicous about medical stuff and recently two nurses went to him and had nothing but awesome things to say about the care that they recieved there with Dr Almanza.  Alot of people are out here saying things to get people to go elsewhere and discredit other doctors I have read a lot of Great things about the clinic and a few bad things.  but utimately it is your call no one can change ones mind once it is made up.
lots of Great luck to you and I hope everyting goes well with you.

God Bless
Elia Saenz

Elia Maria Saenz

ryansgirl
on 1/2/10 2:14 am, edited 1/2/10 2:28 am
as a person who went to Dr alamza if i had known what i known then i would have not went to him. I had a internal infection that put me in the ICU. AND I'm not blaming them for the infection i was not happy how the whole thing was handle. I also don't like how the coordinators from HIS group are like always coming to the rescue to say something or discredit someone.......yes all doctor have infection but none of the patience coordinators from that group are on here defending them....just a thought..............but good luck to everyone who is about to get sleeve!!

xoxo,
Nikki
stoongal
on 1/2/10 9:48 am - Canada
Nikki, sweetie, love you lots - you know that, I'm sad you had an infection and glad you are not blaming the dr's there.  I feel that his coordinators are also sad to see the attacks that are made - mostly - it would appear- not to be vindictive - but to scare people enough to go elsewhere, tactics used by those paid to discredit them.  Dog eat dog world out there in the bariatric field in Mexico. Plant some gawd awful stories to steer newbies away from the best, and unbeatable prices for the sleeve anywhere. 
Human nature being what it is, people tend to believe this stuff! And those of us who had great experiences there, like myself, are really saddened by these tactics. 
Newbies, in your research, if outlandish problems are attributed to this facility, check out how new the poster was, and if they stayed long enough to post again and again like all members usually do on a repeat basis.  But mostly no, they plant their slander and leave!  In and out real quick with no way to trace them!  Cowards and cheats!  I am sickened by them.  Nikki, your problems were with the coordinators I gather?  Was it bad enough to discourage others from going?  You are doing so well and are such a beauty, I wish you could find it in your heart to be a little more lenient in your assessment of the experience.  We need to help others choose a good skilled surgeon and  one they can afford, and Dr Almanza is it in spades!.
The new Hospital Jerusalem opens this coming week and all surgeries will be performed there.  I will be going back down there Friday and my youngest daughter and sister will arrive Sunday for their sleeves on Monday the 11th.   
So I will be there until the morning of the 15th.  Hopefully I will personally see some of you also going in that time frame!  Celebrate your decision to change your lilves forever in 2010!  It will truly be a Happy New Year for you!

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views