Dr Almanza on December 30th

FabBy50 .
on 12/25/09 1:57 am - Everett, WA
Okay everyone I'm on again for the 30th!!! Yeah can't wait!
hollykim
on 12/26/09 11:06 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Great news! Please keep us posted!
Holly

PTibbits09
on 12/26/09 6:14 pm - North Las Vegas, NV
I'm glad everything turned out well, and that you're able to continue on with your surgery! I'm scheduled for January 29th with Dr. Almanza. So far I've heard great things, and reading your posts gives me confidence. I'll be getting the VSG as well with my mother! Very excited but extremely nervous. :/
FabBy50 .
on 12/27/09 1:53 am - Everett, WA
Hi Ptibbits

Greaqt news that you are getting a sleeve too! I can't wait to get it done and get back to healing. I have been in pain for over 2 weeks and it is not getting any better. So you and your mom are getting sleeved at the same time, how cool!!!  I'm going alone, but then I did last time and I was totally comfortable!! I can't wait to see the house that they keep us at, it looks nice in the pictures. I only want a clean bed and internet!!

I will keep you posted!
Bernadette
wannabhealthy45
on 12/28/09 7:44 am - Canada
Hi Bernadette :)

Glad everything worked out and you can have your surgery as planned :).

I did have a band first.  I had it from July  08 till Sept 09.  From July to Dec I lost about 75 lbs, but then couldn't seem to lose any more.  Lots of issues with trying to find my sweet spot.  I either had no restriction or too much and everything would get stuck and I was throwing up all the time...well, I mean every time I ate.  Not so much fun!  I had heard and read a lot more stats about issues with erosion and slips and I was not willing to wait and see if that would happen to me.  I decided on the revision and had it done Sept 09.  Since then my weight loss has been slow but steady and I'm happy with that.  The clothing sizes are dropping nicely too.  I'm totally ok with the slow and steady now which is sooo different from the way I used to be. 

The recovery house.  Well, all I can say is, I think you will love it there.  All of the staff are so warm and welcoming and can NOT do enough for you.  They are like one big family.  You will have a clean bed and internet for sure...and music and laughter and just fun!! 

Evolution is probably where they took you shopping before.  The great big long street that goes on for blocks and blocks with shopping.  I just loved it there...too much fun. 

I think you will be very happy.  I too saw the thread with that person bashing the house.  Take it with a grain of salt...they were just trying to make trouble from what I can see.  There is soooo much more positive than negative and I would go back there in a second if I had to.

Best of luck on your surgery, your trip and the beginning of the next chapter of your journey!!!

Band 7/13/08-419.5 lbs  VSG 9/3/09-346 lbs  DS 3/7/11 - 315 lbs   CW: 197

FabBy50 .
on 12/28/09 10:30 am - Everett, WA
Hi Wanna

I did very well with my band for quite awhile too, and then bam lots of troubles. Anyway I'm excited to be doing the revision. I was just hoping that I would be able to get it done a little later.

Great to hear about the recovery house too, the pictures look nice and I did not believe for a second it would be anything like that poster said. I have already talked to 2 other people who will be there the same time so I'm happy about that!

So evolution is that long street with shops? I did not know it had a name. I had a blast shopping there, in fact I still wanted to shop more but one of the ladies was tired and wanted to go back early. I bought t-shirts, sweatshirts, earrings, necklace, chain and a purse!!! I would have went the next day but my group was a buch of party poopers!!

Hey did they tell you there was a chance you would wake up with no revision done?? They told me that because sometimes there is more damage than they think and all they can do is take the band out. I will cry buckets if this happens, because I can't afford a 3rd surgery in 9 months!

Thanks again for the reply!
Bernadette
PTibbits09
on 12/28/09 5:05 pm - North Las Vegas, NV

I hope everything goes well for you. I'm excited to see how it goes, and thanks for keeping us updated. :D

wannabhealthy45
on 12/28/09 10:39 am - Canada
Yes they told me that as well.  I'm sure everything will go great for you.  You know Dr. A will do whatever he can to make it happen...within the guidelines of course.  I will pray everything goes well and you wake up with your wonderful sleeve :)

Well this time, you will be able to shop all you want...and hopefully you'll get non party poopers this time..tee hee hee!!!

I wish you all the luck in the world!!!!!

FabBy50 .
on 12/28/09 11:26 am - Everett, WA
Thanks again!!!!!

I too hope that I wake up sleeved and ready to go! One thing I did not miss is the liquid diet...ugh 2nd day and counting, I got to used to being able to eat!

Bernadette
wannabhealthy45
on 12/28/09 10:50 pm - Canada
I'm so excited for you.  Can't wait to hear everything once you are feeling up to sending a note :)

By the way...what kind of issues are you having with your band.  Sorry if you've already said....

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views