Dr Almanza on December 30th

wannabhealthy45
on 12/22/09 9:00 pm - Canada
Bernadette,

I agree with you 100%.  I've been twice as well.  First time with my band and second for my sleeve.  Both with Dr. Almanza.  He is wonderful.  He gave me my life back.  If I had to go back again, I would without hesitation.  I have been to the new facilities and I, along with 2 other friends that had revisions, we had a wonderful experience.  The staff is amazing.  One big family and they welcome you in with open arms.  LOVE LOVE LOVE them and the place!!!  You're so right, infection anywhere is a risk we take as soon as we agree to surgery.  It's just one of those things.  If it happens, it's unfortunate, but we take meds and steps to clear it up and go on.  There are risks for many other situations too..we know that, we are adults and have made ourselves aware.  For me, the risk was worth it.  I know for a fact without surgery I would have died...so taking the risk...I would do it again in a heart beat.  I think you will have a wonderful time and fun with everyone there....just like the first time.  Shopping at evolution...here we come..lol. :)

Band 7/13/08-419.5 lbs  VSG 9/3/09-346 lbs  DS 3/7/11 - 315 lbs   CW: 197

FabBy50 .
on 12/25/09 1:54 am - Everett, WA
Hi Wannab

Thank you for the vote of confidence!! It looks like you are doing great with the sleeve. So if you don't mind me asking did you have the band first? Did you have lots of problems? So is the house nice? I have a million questions as usual. I have seen pictures and have heard 99% good things about it. The one bad thing I think was posted by someone trying to stir up trouble because they did not post anything but that. Shopping at Evolution?? Is that there in TJ? If so I never went there, we went downtown and hit several stores and yeas I did have fun shopping. So tell me is your sleeve easy? Everyone I have talked to loves it, I hope I will be one of those.

Take care! Bernadette
lalvidrez
on 2/12/10 8:29 am
 Hi Bernadette, my name is Liliana and I am scheduled for a lap-band for March 10, I spoke to someone in Jerusalem hospital and they told me that I should go ahead and do the sleeve. What do you recommend I do. Please let me know ASAP. time is running out. Why did you have two sleeves done to you?
sterno
on 12/23/09 12:45 pm
BERNADETTE....wha? happened?
FabBy50 .
on 12/25/09 1:45 am - Everett, WA
Hey Sterno

How are ya bud???  Yes I'm one of the unlucky ones to have trouble with my band. My fill center said that they thought I had pulled the port away from the wall. Lots of pain....not so bad if I just sit around and do nothing! I'm not very good at that. Well I have all the confidence in the world that Dr Almanza will fix me up.

Merry Christmas!
Bernadette
thinasiwant
on 12/23/09 6:59 pm
Hey Bernadette, I am having my VSG and will be there Dec 30th!!! We can hang out. PM me and I will send you my #
Thinasiwant

FabBy50 .
on 12/25/09 1:56 am - Everett, WA
Why does your date say Jan 5th? Did you have it scheduled then and then change it?
Just checking, I want to make sure I will have a bud to visit with.
Bernadette
FabBy50 .
on 12/26/09 10:53 am - Everett, WA
FabBy50 .
on 12/24/09 5:05 am - Everett, WA
Well now it looks like my surgery will need to be postponed, I can't dig up enough cash right now!!! I don't know what I'm going to do, because of the pain I'm dealing with! My credit is not the best right now because of battling cancer so that is not an option. UGH!!!! Why did this have to happen at Christmas time?????? Oh well back to the drawing board. I have a friend that said she would put the surgery on a credit card for me and then I would pay her back when I got my bonus in March, but she just wrote me and said she is not comfortable doing it afterall!!!  What to do??

hollykim
on 12/24/09 12:19 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Bummer! I ran into a small glitch in my payment plan,as well. hubs bonus we were depending on turned out to be less than we were expecting. think we have it figured out,but it is nerve wracking,I know. good luck on getting it together.
Holly

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views