Wow... it's becoming so real!

Brandy K.
on 12/21/09 12:20 am - Garland, TX

I've been trying to have this surgery for so long that making plans for it still seems like playing make believe.

But, I'm sitting here realizing that there's nothing that's going to stop me from having it done.

A post-op friend of mine has offered to go with me.  She was going to pay for her flight and half of the hotel.  Well, I have since learned that my hotel is included in the cost of my surgery.  I told her that, and guess what!  She's offered by buy my plane ticket for me at the same time she buys hers.  She said that we'll come out even since I'm covering the hotel.  How cool is that?

I had been figuring in the cost of the surgery plus the plane ticket and half of the hotel bill and she just cut my cost by about $450-500.  Clearly, she is the BEST!

Without that extra money, I have more than enough money for my surgery.  I'll have some breathing room for complications or... hey... spending money!  If I have to stay in Monterrey for a whole week after my surgery, I should get SOME shopping in, right?

Oh, and another thing.  I've already had a wow moment or two.  I don't know how often people talk about (or have) pre-surgery wow moments.  But I've found that since I scheduled my surgery, I've been far more forgiving on myself.  I used to avoid touching my belly or even looking at it.  I hated laying on my side and draping my arm around my tummy because I didn't like feeling it or imagining what it must be like for a man snuggling up to me and putting his arm around all of that.

Now that I know that I'm on my way to changing my life and my body, I'm much happier with myself.  I've even caught myself petting my tummy.  LOL  It's like reconciling with an old friend.

Is that weird?

hollykim
on 12/21/09 2:07 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Great news! I think it is wonderful that you can love yourself more now and be more forgiving. It is good practice for post op. I think before surgery we feel like we are stuck in these bodies at these sizes. It has been kind of a defense mechanism for me to avoid thinking about what I look and feel like in case I don't ever get out.  Does that make sense? Now that my surgery is coming together I can look past this "trap" and see a brighter ,healthy future.
Holly

Brandy K.
on 12/21/09 3:24 am, edited 12/21/09 3:27 am - Garland, TX
That makes perfect sense.  You know, I've even found myself wanting to really take a hard look (and feel) of my body as it stands now.  I want to get to know it.  Like, I almost want to (but really really don't want to) have those gawd awful pictures taken where you're wearing nothing but a bra and panties and letting it all hang out.  No sucking in the gut.  No sticking out your neck.  No MySpace angles, you know?

Maybe... MAYBE I'll get the courage to do that before my surgery date. 

Maybe.
hollykim
on 12/21/09 7:00 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
I do know about that picture taking issue. I think I will take pics the night before my surgery,just for me. If I decide to share them at some point ,well and good. If now ,OK,too. I do want to remember from where I have come.
Holly

teshanelson1
on 12/21/09 1:51 pm, edited 12/21/09 1:53 pm - Dallas, TX
That's Great  you have a date set  and someone is going w/you and also along with that is paying for your plain tickets.I wish i had such good friends.Now that i think about it  i don't have any friends at all.My last befriend move away and just loss contact with me.
                                                                                GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS
ryansgirl
on 12/22/09 9:48 am
Congrats hunny! you are going to do great and i'm cheering for ya!

xoxo,
nikki
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views