flex plan, does it pay for surgery in mexico

1trendychic
on 12/20/09 2:31 pm - Salem, OR
VSG on 05/19/10 with
Hello, I am new to this forum and have been reading all the posts.  This forum is so great.  I am tinking about getting the sleeve by Dr. Almanza in March.  I was wondering if my flex plan at work would cover thisa surgery?  I bet not because it is mexico, but thought I would see if anyone had any success with this?  Maybe if the bill doesn't have any addresses?  Just kidding.  LOL
Eme 2009
on 12/21/09 3:09 am - FL
If you find out the answer to this--let me know! :)  I am still going to try to do a little more research but I am running out of time--my surgery is in January.  I have never had a flex account before and it goes into effect January 1.

HW: 251  SW: 243  CW: 146  Height: 5'6.5"

Brandy K.
on 12/21/09 3:31 am - Garland, TX
I believe this question has been answered a few times before further back in the forum.  It may take some digging, but there are some flex spending account threads in here.

If I remember correctly, some have indeed used their flex spending accounts for their surgery.  Some were told they couldn't use it on their surgery but that they could use it on the suppliments and vitamins and whatnot. 

Don't quote me on that.  That's only if memory serves.
tonya4191
on 12/21/09 11:07 am
Michelle Smith
on 12/22/09 10:04 am
 Per tasc (which handles flex, You can use your card for this, but it must be in USD, & you have to get a letter of medical nec & fax to flex,so they will have it on file. You can go to www.tasconline.com

for contact info. I will be using mine in Jan!

~~I am 5'8~~

Nicki H.
on 1/1/10 3:48 am - WA
Lap Band on 08/12/08 with
Hi all!  You can use your flex monies for surgery done in Mx.  You just have to submit your documentation to the company that services your plan.  You can easily get a letter from any doc stating why you need it, to include your Mx doc.  It's easy and just b/c it's out of the country doesn't mean it won't be covered.

I delivered 6 weeks early a 5lb 15oz lil boy:)  After spending 2 months on bed rest in the hospital and Mason spending 11 days in the NICU, we're both home and doing great!  Mason is getting bigger and gaining weight like he should.  Now it's my turn to lose this weight!  It's tough to get back on the band wagon...I CAN do this!

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views