First Meal

vinnymac
on 12/20/09 7:42 am - Mobile, AL

What was everyones first real meal after pureed and liquids.Tell me everything

Vinny Mac

fundy
on 12/26/09 10:48 am
Congratulations Vinny on the start of your new life.  I am a "Dr. Rod" girl too.  Had my VSG done on October 27th.  Isn't he the best?  I loved my whole professional experience at Star Medica and Dr. Rod and his "crew."  Just take the real meals a small bit and experiment a little at a time.  Cottage cheese is still good and soft, with Tuna too;  Taco Bell Pintos and Cheese and mashed potatoes; and still scrambled eggs, wet type with a tiny amount of grated cheese on top.  Remember, we eat such small quantity that even tho they are carbs we still are eating tiny amounts.  Some days I am good with food and then some days I am not.  I am lucky that I can still try to get my protein with shakes.  Get some Sugar Free flavored syrup and add them to your protein drinks.  Pick your favorite flavor and add to taste.  I am a Vanilla girl. Sounds silly to add SF Vanilla syrup to vanilla protein, but it makes all the difference;  just as SF Chocolate to a chocolate shake makes all the difference.   Used to like Chocolate but that did change.  I still love the SF Jello and the SF Fudgesicles and Popsicles and SF Lifesavers after dinner.  It has been 2 months and every day is different.  I am stabilizing a little bit at a time.  Most people I have read can eat more that I can; but everyone is different.  Anyway, good luck and take it slow.  You are doing great so far.  Write me if I can help.  Hugs, Fundy:)
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views