What is not on the list that I should bring to Emmanuel?

thinasiwant
on 12/18/09 12:36 am
Hi All, 12 Days until my VSG!
I have a list of things to bring but what was not on the list that you WISH you would have brought?
Thanks!
Thinasiwant

ryansgirl
on 12/18/09 12:41 am, edited 12/18/09 12:44 am
a heat pad! yea i know it sounds strange! but it helps with the gas for some reason and the heat is such a comfort!! let see pack really really light i took summer dress but when i went it was hot so. umm give yourself plenty of time to get to your plan station and don't if your port is to far don't hesitation to ask for help. you be exhausted. anyway good luck luv and you know the the stuff that is going on so take any cautions you need to and take some gloves and don't be shame to ask the nurses to wear them!!  if it makes you feel better. things i wish i would have known oh well live and learn. are you going alone?

xoxo,
Nikki
thinasiwant
on 12/18/09 4:38 am
My BFis going and I got a surgery pal from vertical sleeve talk! Thanks for the tips ! I will let you know how it goes!
Thinasiwant

LittleNurse
on 12/18/09 2:49 am - Newport News, VA
Honestly, I brought toiletries something to wear and clean undies.  I brought a book, but please, you are not going to be in the mood to read or do anything else.  the time will fly.  I didnt need a hot pad cause all hospitals have heat packs.  I used about four.  I got wipes from them, cause I got cycle.  I didnt want for anything.  You could bring a magazine.  but really the second day is the only day you are going to be awake, and you will be doing stuff.  and then the third, u will be working on liquids and everything else.  And docs will always be bugging you.  for me they started at 430 am.  Just take what you have on the list, leave all valuables at home.  And I coudlnt live without my cell phone.  Good luck.
stoongal
on 12/18/09 11:18 pm - Canada
Hey, you will need warm sleepwear for the recovery house, gets down to 12C there at night and with only an electric heater many feel too cold after surgery.  Bring a bag of sorts to carry a few things (sleepwear, robe etc) to the hospital from your suitcase, as it (suitcase) is left behind in your room at the recovery house. It is secure, as it is locked and you have the key to your room. 
take several pr of underwear  for under your hospital gown for at the hospital, you can leave them on for the surgery and they may get stuff on them and you then will need clean ones to tuck your drain bulb into. I took my own pillow, but they do have lots there so not needed by any means.  Slippers or warm socks for parading around the halls after surgery,  Hand sanitizers for extra precaution after you wash, (I still worry a bit about the flu) street clothes (loose fitting you will be swollen) for being transported back and forth and for your shopping outing. 
a magazine or two for when you feel like reading in the hospital, they have some at the house though.  I took crossword puzzles as I didn't feel like watching TV.  A sweater for sure to ward off any chills.  I slept in my nightie and robe and it was hot then!  Hope this helps.

thinasiwant
on 12/20/09 9:41 pm

Thank you....I am often cold so am bringing my electric blanket.....thank you for the extensive list!

Thinasiwant

MSOZARK
on 12/23/09 4:29 am - Indep, MO
 i went to cancun... but i wished that i would have taken  flash cards ,,, to help with the Spanish...lIke .. ' I NEED A PAIN SHOT... AND A CUP OF ICE.... ETC... I HAD A FEW NURSES THAT DID NOT SPEAK ENGLISH... 
     BEST OF LUCK....   DEBRA 
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views