Dallas, TX; How do I find LBand aftercare B4 Surgery ?

Journey O.
on 12/3/09 5:23 am

A friend and I are working through the process to get banded by Dr. Zapata  in late January 2010.  My surgery will be a revision B.O.B.   I have read about potential difficulties in getting aftercare in the US and the importance of setting it up BEFORE surgery.

Suggestions on how to go about doing that?  I'm typically really good at this type of thing and find myself stumped.  Brain dump or something!  Probably because I'm so excited!

Thanks for any guidance you can provide!

Banded_in_Mexico
on 12/16/09 10:57 am - Azle, TX
yeah for u, i was banded by him oct. 21st. i to asked myself what i was going to do. get ahold of janet or alma and get refill list. i chose dr.dobson out of grand praire and he's a heck of a guy very easy to get along with too. i've lost over 40lbs. any other questions i will answer. i can't say enough good things about zapata's operation & team. no problems, all speak english, no hidden cost, treated me like royality, private rm., 4 or 5 star hotel and chauffeured around like a rock star from airport to hotel, dr.appointments, hospital, back to hotel and to airport all ON TIME unlike here in the US.  when was the last time your doctor's appointment was right on time here in the states, NEVER ...........brad im in dfw also.

hey the guy in charge of the hospital was an american from pittsburg who's son plays in a grammy award winning country band. how do i know this he came in checked on me sat down and chatted for awhile.
whipline
on 12/28/09 12:02 am - Hamburg, NY

Jackie,

As a patient of Dr. Zapata's, I too will vouch for him and his staff.  I chose a vertical sleeve gastrectomy as opposed to a band becaused I felt it was the best procedure for me.  I was, however, provided with a database of Drs that do fills on band patients of other surgeons.

I posted here before that every aspect of Dr. Zapata's operation is seamless from the moment you decide you are definitely "ready 4 a change".  I literally got off the plane and went directly to surgery.  Talk about a shock. I can back up everything said on the first reply to your post.  I was treated by one of the most caring and compassionate Drs I have ever met.  Hospital and support staff were second to none.  And yes, I too was visited in my room by the cheif operating officer of Santa Engracia hospital.

One more point to make.  The attention and care given to you doesn't stop when you've left Mexico.  I had a particular problem with my insurance company on a reimbursement issue and Judy Dohm of Dr. Zapata's staff went above and beyond to rectify the situation for me.

FWLizzie
on 3/21/10 5:34 am - Fort Worth, TX
Prior to decididng on the sleeve, I was going to do the band.  I found Dr Carter at the USMD in Arlington and he charges $200 for the fills with the fluoro (not sure if I said that right).

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views