almost there

vinnymac
on 12/3/09 10:06 am - Mobile, AL

6 more day to a new life can't stand being fat any more is anyone going to Dr.Rod in Jz on the 9th of Dec or around that time if so let me know I would love to meet you.

Vinny Mac

Brandy K.
on 12/3/09 10:11 pm - Garland, TX
Congratulations!  How are you feeling less than a week away?  Are you nervous at all?
vinnymac
on 12/4/09 12:35 am - Mobile, AL
Yes I'm nervous but its the best thing for me right now.I can't be leave its only 5 days away . My girl keeps telling me we want be together this time next year because she don't want a skinny man that all so makes me nervous.I love her but this is for me.

Vinny Mac

Brandy K.
on 12/4/09 2:57 am - Garland, TX
That's a heavy thought to have to carry through this process.  But, you're right.  This is for you and I hope she's able to see that you're still the man she fell in love with, even when you're smaller.  I hope you have others who are supporting you during this journey (you know WE are!). 

More than just your weight will be changing in the process.  I haven't had mine yet, but I've read enough blogs to see that the changes can stress a relationship in a lot of ways.  You'll no longer eat the same food.  That in itself can be difficult because we bond over food.  First dates are what?  Over dinner!  You know?  If she's big, she might be envious of your loss.  And if you've spent any time reading the men's forum, you'll see that you men experience something you might have never experienced before... emotional instability.  There is estrogen in fat and as your body releases that fat, it releases the estrogen in it as well.  Welcome to the closest thing you'll ever experience to PMS! 

I only tell you this because it's always best to be prepared.  Change, it is a'comin'.  Be ready!
E_Saenz
on 12/3/09 10:18 pm - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15
I am so excited for you!!!!   I hope that you do well with the band I have noticed a lot of people get the sleeve revision after getting the band I hope it works well for you Good luck on your surgery take care

Elia Maria Saenz

vinnymac
on 12/4/09 12:38 am - Mobile, AL
Thank you but I'm haveing the sleeve it was the thing for me at my size

Vinny Mac

(deactivated member)
on 12/4/09 1:40 am
The best to you, as you start this new part of your life...!!
wannabhealthy45
on 12/4/09 11:49 am - Canada
CONGRATULATIONS!!!  I'm super happy for you!  I hope your girl will be supportive for you during this journey you are about to start.  If not, well, that is sad.  You are 100% right...this is for you and for your life!  You deserve to be healthy and happy.  Hopefully she will walk along side you but at the the end of the day...you are doing the right thing for yourself.  I'm very proud of you!!!! :)

Band 7/13/08-419.5 lbs  VSG 9/3/09-346 lbs  DS 3/7/11 - 315 lbs   CW: 197

ryansgirl
on 12/5/09 11:09 am
good luck hun!

nikki
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics