Dr. Almanzo

N H.
on 12/6/09 7:27 am - FL
Yes, Dr. Almanza and Dr. Reyes is the same surgeon.

I had my VSG with him 6/16/09.  As far as any surgery can go, it was a good experience.  I have had ZERO problems and am now under 160 pounds.

I would return to him in a minute should I need to. 

You also had a question about stitches, yep, I removed them myself.  No problem at all with doing it.

When I researched surgeons, quality was my number one consideration but I won't deny that price was also a consideration.  After speaking with others who had used Dr. Almanza, not one person had anything but glowing reports on his skill and ability.  There were some that had negative things to say but when I questioned them it was only "I heard this or that" (Midwestern Girl was one of those), but could not give any concrete reports.

I also looked at Dr. Aceves and Dr. Alvarez, again nothing but wonderful reports on them. 

After hearing great things about all three of these doctors, then I considered price and Yes, Dr. Almanza got my business.

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.

Good Luck and Merry Christmas.
                                          Pre Op-Surgery-Current-Goal
                                            232  -    213   -  153 - 150

5'4" tall
Stage 1 Plastics 10/20/10 with Dr. Adrian Menjarrez-Mexicali
Breast Lift and Tummy Tuck    
MARVEN00037
on 12/10/09 3:21 am - pierrefonds, Canada

yes it is the same guy.     i had 2 surgeries one went very welll on not so well. i had a sleeve and a hernia the sleeve went well the hernia got infected and may have to be re-done.  the people are very nice the clinic was clean but the house was so so all i can say is i went alone and it was really hard at the house your on your own at night. the place is nothing special but the bottom line is you get what you pay for the more expensive doctors are in hospitals and have nicer facilities. would i do it again in the same place yes and no i was really depressed at the house but i was alone and in lots of pain because of my hernia.  I know this may sound crazy but i miss food i kind of wish i didn't do it but some days i'm really happy. i would also like to clarify that dr.almanza's english is not very good dr.betacourt who is also at the clinic has very good english there are some staff members who speak english but most do not.

i wish you luck

Karen W.
on 12/10/09 4:41 am - Shreveport, LA
 Thank you so much for your honesty!      When did you have your surgery?  How much have you lost?
I will post when I decide what I plan to do.
Thank you again!
Karen
MARVEN00037
on 12/11/09 5:01 am - pierrefonds, Canada
i had my sleeve on the 25 of november  i lost about 30 pounds
hollykim
on 12/10/09 9:18 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On December 10, 2009 at 11:21 AM Pacific Time, MARVEN00037 wrote:

yes it is the same guy.     i had 2 surgeries one went very welll on not so well. i had a sleeve and a hernia the sleeve went well the hernia got infected and may have to be re-done.  the people are very nice the clinic was clean but the house was so so all i can say is i went alone and it was really hard at the house your on your own at night. the place is nothing special but the bottom line is you get what you pay for the more expensive doctors are in hospitals and have nicer facilities. would i do it again in the same place yes and no i was really depressed at the house but i was alone and in lots of pain because of my hernia.  I know this may sound crazy but i miss food i kind of wish i didn't do it but some days i'm really happy. i would also like to clarify that dr.almanza's english is not very good dr.betacourt who is also at the clinic has very good english there are some staff members who speak english but most do not.

i wish you luck

What do you mean when you say your hernia got infected but not the sleeve? Do you mean the actual hernia repair inside your body got infected or the incisions got infected? Hope you are doing better soon.
Holly

MARVEN00037
on 12/11/09 4:59 am - pierrefonds, Canada
at this point it is just the incision but it may also be the mesh inside i need to wait to see if the infection goes away.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views