Dr. Almanzo

dizzyblonda
on 12/5/09 4:15 am - toney, Mexico
Hi karen

I just got sleeve nov 30,09 by Dr Almanza and it was great. His hospital clean staff was so helpfully better service i got here in american hospital.

No problems  he has some staff that speak english to help out the recovery house they own 4 are new it open door help your self, but again the staff there will do is ask.

if you take someone with you they can also stay at the recovery house ,however they need to pick up after  themself, and buy there own food.

personnaly i would recommend Dr Almanza a is staff to anyone that wants to lose wieght and change there life style.

Good luck
Dizzyblonda    
butterfly_kisses
on 1/3/10 11:03 am - Canada
hi im just wondering how your surgery went with Dr almanza?
BonaFideDiva90
on 12/3/09 4:54 am, edited 12/3/09 4:54 am - Baltimore, MD
I plan to use him as well. Everybody has a favorite. I do wonder however, does Dr. Almanza leave stitches that you have to have removed and Dr. Aceves doesnt?

That might be a deal breaker for me.

Brandy K.
on 12/3/09 5:43 am - Garland, TX
Stitches are no biggie.  Even for the squeamish.  If you pluck your eyebrows, you can pull stitches.  All you have to do is snip it next to the knot and pull it out with tweezers.  Easy Peasy.  I promise. 
wannabhealthy45
on 12/3/09 7:57 am - Canada
Or....go to your doctor when it's time and get them to remove your stitches....

I used Dr. Almanza twice and I had a wonderful experience both times.  I would agree to do your homework but I love Dr. A and if I had to do it all over again would go back to him in a heartbeat.  I find it interesting that people who have not had the experience with this doctor would suggest to steer clear ...because of price???  Whatever.  IMHO he gave me my life back.  Not saying other doc's aren't just as wonderful but I just find it funny how some people are so opinionated when they don't have any experience with a certain doc. 

Best of luck in your journey and yes do your homework :)

Band 7/13/08-419.5 lbs  VSG 9/3/09-346 lbs  DS 3/7/11 - 315 lbs   CW: 197

(deactivated member)
on 12/3/09 7:56 am
Yes you have to remove your own stitches. I removed mine all by myself no problem.
Karen W.
on 12/3/09 12:42 pm - Shreveport, LA
 Thanks for all the replies!   It does seem he is pretty popular.  I don't want to choose a doctor on price alone.  IT is important to me that I choose a doctor who has less complications after surgery. I  know there are no guarantees but experience speaks volumes.   By the time I get on the computer to do my research I am so tired and give up.     I wish there were a board where you can just hear who different people used and their experience.  Not someone getting paid by the doctor to speak.   
I appreciate all your honest opinions and hope to learn more from you all.  I have been hoping for this surgery since 2004.    I am just ready to get it done and be on my way to a healthier life.

Thanks,
Karen
Brandy K.
on 12/3/09 9:57 pm - Garland, TX
Karen,

It's never easy to filter out who the real patients are and who might be a surgeon's staff member.  I take everytihng with a grain of salt, but I'm especially suspicious of those who give the most glowing praise or the most damning criticism and who don't have a picture of themselves as their avatar or a complete profile telling their story. 

As for reading about experiences, if you click on the surgeon's name under anyone's picture, it will take you to that surgeon's OH profile.  The first page you'll see is full of testimonials.  Again, you never know who's real and who's paid, but I just tend to check their profiles.  No picture, no profile, no credibility in my opinion.   They might be real, but you'd think that if they have the time to sing their surgeon's praises, they also have time to tell us a little about themselves.  You know?

If you don't know what surgeons are available, contact a couple of medical tourism sites and they'll have a list of the surgeons they work with.  I am using Travel for Care.  Their web address is www.travelforcare.com.  There are several of these kinds of organizations and I know others on this board have used other coordinating agencies.  Google medical tourism and you should get a bunch of them.

Good luck!
Brandy
Karen W.
on 12/4/09 10:21 am - Shreveport, LA
 Thank you all for your advice!  I better put up my picture so you know I am a real person!  lol
Cyndy, good luck with your surgery and I can't wait to hear all about your experience.   Are you going alone?

Thanks Brandy for the tips !   I appreciate hearing all about your experiences!   I think too with what it seems the majority using Dr. Almanzo, I haven't heard anything negative!

Thanks for all the advice!
Karen
gingin33
on 12/4/09 2:33 pm - Wichita, KS
Hello. I had surgery with Dr. Almanza just a little over 2 weeks ago. Overall the experience was pretty good. He will get the job done no problem. Please read my blog for a long read about my experience. The good and the bad.

Includes 12 lbs lost pre-op.  

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views