Dr. Almanzo

Karen W.
on 12/2/09 3:41 pm - Shreveport, LA
 Is Dr. Mario Almanzo the same as Dr. Almanzo Reyes?   When I googled Mario Almanzo  it came up as Dr. Mario Almanzo Reyes.

Thanks,
Karen
kaluhasmom1
on 12/2/09 7:18 pm - Kansas City, MO
Karen,
they are the same person----I'm having my surgery with him on 12/11.  I think the reason it is confusing about his name is in Mexico some people when they are born are given both their father's last name and their mother's maiden name too. 
Cindy
Karen W.
on 12/2/09 11:43 pm - Shreveport, LA
 It seems like alot of people are using Dr. Almanzo.  I was told by someone tho to stay away from this one doctor.   Said alot of people have problems with him?  I am confused since so many people are using him.   I am sure everyone has done their homework.

I would love to hear from more people who have already used Dr. Almanzo.

Thanks,
Karen
hollykim
on 12/3/09 1:07 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
If you got that info from Midwestrngirl,stay away from her. She gets paid by her surgeon to push him and bash others. she has a particular burr up her butt for Dr. Almanza for some reason.
We all have done our research. She takes what people say and twists it around to meet her purpose.
Holly

Brandy K.
on 12/3/09 3:58 am - Garland, TX
I wish I could get paid by MY surgeon to be his advocate.  Where do you sign up for that program? 

For what it's worth, I have my misgivings about Dr. Almaza myself.  I don't bash him, but I didn't choose him and I do worry about those who are rushing to schedule surgery with him based on price tag alone.  I don't think there's anything wrong with urging caution.  And I do take issue with people bashing those who say they've had a bad experience (not that you have, just saying).
kaluhasmom1
on 12/3/09 7:30 am - Kansas City, MO
You need to be careful what information you get from some people---they are out there to make people think they shouldn't use certain doctors.  I am a nurse and checked everythin out thoroughly.  I will know more after my surgery on 12/11 but I feel he is the best from what I can tell.
CIndy
AnnieInTheSky
on 12/9/09 3:22 am - riverside, CA
HEy! How did your surgery go with Dr Almanza? I am scheduled for the RNY on 12/18, hope all went well!!

Annette
kaluhasmom1
on 12/9/09 8:41 am - Kansas City, MO
I leave tomorrow for surgery on friday.  A good friend is going too and will have the same surgery.  Everything so far has gone well---I just didn't like not have good food to eat for 2 weeks.  But it will be worth it.  I will let everyone know how it went.  Im taking my laptop and will post.
Cindy
AnnieInTheSky
on 12/16/09 5:25 am - riverside, CA
Hey Cindy I will be there on Friday! My mom will be with me too our names are Annette (me) and Teresa West!!  so excited!!
(deactivated member)
on 12/4/09 2:09 am
I'm using Dr Almanza, and I have yet to find ONE person that has ACTUALLY used him, to come forward with a complaint of a problem with him...I see lots of people that say, SOMEONE they know had a problem...
FUNNY THING IS...THAT SOMEONE NEVER SHOWS UP TO BACK UP THE COMPLAINT...
There are those that will come forward and make a SLAM statement about him, but they don't have the GUTS to actually prove it, produce the evidence they are SLAMMING him with...

When I get back from having my surgery on the 21st, I will be HAPPY to give you a full report of his and his staffs competence to meet my surgical needs...

You have to be content in your decision..If you are having doubts with your choice, you should search and make a choice that you are comfortable and content with...

The best to you as you make your decision...

cyndy

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views