anyone have lapband in Tijuana Mexico?

kab978
on 9/4/17 7:23 am

Congratulations on your weight loss success. My husband is looking into lap band removal. We originally went to Mexicali, but wanted to go a little closer. Could you let me know your doctors name in TJ, Mexico and the hospital. I would love to check into it. Thanks so much for any help!

Eme 2009
on 12/2/09 11:10 am - FL
It's not my personal experience but from what I've read on here, a lot of people who have the band revise it to the sleeve due to a complication with the band.  Hopefully someone else will chime in for ya!

HW: 251  SW: 243  CW: 146  Height: 5'6.5"

cntwt2bsknnyinMI
on 12/3/09 9:25 pm - Allen, MI
I have a surgery date of jan.15 in Tijuana.  Drs.Alejandro Lopez and Jacqueline Osuna.
Has anyone had these Drs.  I can't find support for them.
Lori    
ucigirl
on 12/4/09 9:03 am - Irvine, CA
I also have surgery planned with them..mine is next week 12/10.
I did find Jacquenline Osuna under the list of mexican doctors that had not been certified by this website...they all say great things about her and the hospital
(deactivated member)
on 12/3/09 10:58 pm
Hi all,
I had my bariatric surgery last year in Monterrey with Dr. Miguel Zapata as my surgeon at CIMA Monterrey hospital . Monterrey is much more safe, hygeinic and full with world class hospitals. Its a nice place to go. CIMA hospital is also a high quality hospital with all modern state of the art faciliites. The entire team there was very caring and humble. Also the surgery was affordable. You can check that out!

small business owner
prateek
on 12/4/09 12:50 pm - abc, CA
Hi,

According to me both Tijuana and Monterrey are equally best for weight loss surgery.  But as per security purpose I think Monterrey is slightly better.

Also, we can find a lot more patient success stories about Monterrey in comparison to Tijuana.

Thanks.

hkh09
on 12/19/09 6:35 am - Livingston, TN
RNY on 12/14/09 with
Have you guys heard about the crime in Tijuana?  It is very dangerous on those border towns right now!  I would not care how good the surgeon is or the hospital! Think of your safety!!!  They are cutting off Americans heads and throwing them over the border! These border towns are not a safe place for Americans right now.  These drug cartels are crazy and they will stop at nothing to prove a point!!!! If you want to go to Mexico I can VERY STRONGLY encourage Dr. Joya in Puerto Vallarta Mexico! I just had my surgery there and it was a great facility the Doctor was great and everything was included.....HOTEL(Amazing Resort!!!!).....AIR Fare............ALLCab rides............MEDS.......EVERYTHING!!!! I have only bought things to bring home. Good luck if you decide to go to Tijauna!

fernando123
on 1/15/10 3:12 pm - chichuahua, Mexico
its true the fact that monterrey is saftier than tijuan and also has 7 hospitals thet have the JC..
in tijuana ,, most of the surgeons perform the surgery in their surgicals center with taht tehy can offer a lower price than a monterry surgeon
so you have to consider these facts to decide what is the best option for you
good luck !!
christina39
on 2/1/10 8:25 am
I was banded in Tijuana in August 2007 by Dr. Ariel Ortiz at Obesity Control Center.  I just got back  a week ago from having plastic surgery done there also at Cosmed Clinic by Dr. Quiroz.  Am going back latter part of March to finish my journey.  I went by myself this last time and they picked me up from airport and took me back to airport when done.  OCC also picked me up from airport and took me back to airport. I had no concerns with my safety since they picked me up, and i was never by myself when entering or leaving border.  OCC and CosMed both come highly recommended from different forums i have been on.  They all speak English, if this is a concern.  Facilities were very clean and sterile.  Staff was extremely corteous and nice.  I would not hesitate to go to either one of these clinics for either type of surgery.  One recomendation i would make is that they provide transportation to and from airport or at least across the border.  You will be somewhat uncomfortable after your surgery and i think that someone that realizes that you have had a procedure done will be more careful with you and there driving than someone that is not familiar with your surgery. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views