Looking for a Good RNY Surgeon in Mexico

KellyJM
on 11/23/09 2:27 am - Canada
I am researching having RNY done in Mexico and am looking for  a surgeon.  Any information or stories would be greatly appreciated.
Brandy K.
on 11/23/09 4:31 am - Garland, TX
I haven't gone to see him yet, but I'll be having mine with Dr. Horacio Guajardo.  He has been a surgeon for years and years and has a great resume.  His website is www.drhoracio.com .  You can see all of his education and training there.

I very briefly considered cheaper surgeons in Mexico, but I just can't see myself going to a surgeon who has only been out there on his own for two years.  That's a personal judgement.  I'm not knocking anyone's decision. 

Just do your research.  Read EVERYTHING you can find on every surgeon you're considering.  Pick a couple and do phone consultations.  Ask questions!

Good luck!
Brandy
KellyJM
on 11/23/09 5:12 am - Canada
Thanks for your reply Brandy.  Good luck with your surgery.

Kelly
mybadof4
on 11/23/09 9:25 am - De Pere, WI
RNY on 11/09/09 with
I had my RNY with Dr Joya on Nov. 9th, I would do it again in a heartbeat!  Everyone and everything was wonderful.  Gerald Dr Joyas cordinator was so wonderful and helpful.  Any questions just ask me.
 Mary       
HW 238 SW 215 GW 135 2nd GW 125 CW 120 
Ashley1214
on 11/26/09 1:31 am - delray beach, FL
RNY on 05/18/09 with
I have to agree with Mary! I loved the fact that the cost was All-inclusive. As a Dr., hes was great and his staff is great! go to youtube.com and type Dr Joya....alot of people talk about him, his staff, and the process.

SMoran
on 12/2/09 3:45 am - Washington, DC
I had a VSG with Dr. Rumbaut last week.  He is an excellent surgeon, located in the technologically most advanced city in Mexico.  He also does RNY.  I would highly recommend him.

A very long report on my experience is on the VSG board, and while the specifics of your experience would differ, it goes a lot into the process/experience of being there. 

Good luck to you.

newmacgirl
on 12/28/09 7:45 am
RNY on 06/08/09 with
 I went with Dr Joya. I found him and then researched him after learning about him from YOUWANTGEEK and SHRINKING LAURA on You Tube. Laura learned of him from Eggface who also used him. You should check out their videos.
They also have pages on here.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views