Strange message in my inbox

Eme 2009
on 11/21/09 6:23 am - FL
Hello everyone,
  I hadn't check the site in a couple of a days and received a message from user "neededsurgery" regarding the surgeon I have chosen.  It was very negative and the message was riddled with spelling and grammatical errors.  Was this some sort of spam?  The profile no longer exists....???

HW: 251  SW: 243  CW: 146  Height: 5'6.5"

Eme 2009
on 11/21/09 6:24 am - FL
BTW,  I posted in this forum because they were referring to my future surgeon in Mexico.

(deactivated member)
on 11/21/09 9:18 am
This same subject was posted on the VSG board by another soon to be patient of Dr. Almanza...
There are CRONES, that go around trying to stir up a stink , all the time, to get patients to go to other Surgeons...I have been around here for over a year, and I have seen it too many times, to count...If,  they, have not used him, themselves, they are only speaking out of the other end of their anatomy...!!

Read reports of the people that HAVE gone to Dr. Almanza...If, they, are the real deal, someone you can get in touch with, then...they are the ones that should be listened to...My opinion, only...

The best  to you...

cyndy

lolalucy
on 11/22/09 3:41 am
On November 21, 2009 at 5:18 PM Pacific Time, www.ohmeohmy.com.105 wrote:
This same subject was posted on the VSG board by another soon to be patient of Dr. Almanza...
There are CRONES, that go around trying to stir up a stink , all the time, to get patients to go to other Surgeons...I have been around here for over a year, and I have seen it too many times, to count...If,  they, have not used him, themselves, they are only speaking out of the other end of their anatomy...!!

Read reports of the people that HAVE gone to Dr. Almanza...If, they, are the real deal, someone you can get in touch with, then...they are the ones that should be listened to...My opinion, only...

The best  to you...

cyndy

Crap I feel horrible because I fell right for it when I received it yesterday and posted it on the board trying to find out if it was valid. I see now what I did just pretty much caused the drama the person was wanting to start instead of doing what I was wanting to do which was find out if it was true. Duh of course it wasn't true and I feel stupid for panicking immediately after reading that stupid message. 
(deactivated member)
on 11/22/09 4:13 am
Sometimes, falling into traps, can be a good thing...!!!
It opens the eyes of others, to be aware of what can happen to them and to be on guard...So, don't feel stupid...you did what anyone would do that has not been around the boards that long...!!!

You are NOT THE FIRST, sweetie, and you will surely, NOT BE THE LAST..!!!! 

You did good, sweetheart...the ONLY ONE'S STUPID, are those that try and
pull this crap ever so often...!!!!!!

So, here's to the "REAL" Stupid people.... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

((((HUGS))))

cyndy

Samantha B.
on 11/21/09 8:50 am - welland, Canada

I'm sorry that happened Anne- I really don't know why someone would say that.  it could be spam, but i don't know.  But either way... ignore them!  You're making the right choice! 

Heaviest~ 286 Surgery ~ 265  Current ~ 163 Goal~ 145-154   BabyFruit Ticker       

Eme 2009
on 11/21/09 9:59 am - FL
Thanks ladies!  This person claimed they had JUST returned from Tijuana but I knew it had to be a "hater" ;)

Elaine39
on 11/23/09 1:22 am - TN
I got the same message. Scared me at first then I really looked at it.  I replied asking how they removed the drain without looking at the stiches and never got an answer.  What makes people do things like that?!!  Cyndy said it best....   

Elaine
gigem23
on 11/24/09 1:12 am
I DID just get back from TJ, with Dr. Almanza.  I actually came home a day early because I felt so good!  I plan on posting my WHOLE experience soon, but I would tell you I would do it all over again in a heartbeat.  My care far surpassed my mother's and hers was right here in the USA.  I would be curious to see the e-mail you received if you still have it and tell you how off base it truly is.  Happy to answer any questions for you, just ask:)

Mitzi

ezimmer
on 11/28/09 1:33 am - Canada
I also just got back from Tijuana with Dr. Almanza and despite a bit of a wild ride (I was the clinic's very first leak in their entire history - it had to happen eventually!) I still felt like I had a wonderful experience.  The nurses were attentive and caring, Dr. Almanza was fantastic and the patient coordinators were always checking in to make sure everything was okay.  I had to remain at the clinic all week but for those who went back to the house for their days of healing, they had nothing but great things to say about the house staff, the beautiful accommodations and the fact that you don't have to lift a finger if you want anything from the cupboards or have dishes to do.  They even do your laundry if need be.  

I got a pretty scary and almost rude email the week before I left for my surgery...a big "I don't want to tell you this but I think it's my responsibility to inform you..." kind of note and honestly, I wouldn't buy into it.  Some of these people are just jealous and malisciously setting you up to stress you out, others are trying to get you to switch to a "better" surgeon and still others don't even want you to have the surgery and so they're trying to scare you off.  Those people are shallow and small and I can't even get over how mean it is....you just get this ray of  hope, the answer to so many of your problems and here they are trying to scare you.  

If you have any questions about Dr. Almanza, the clinic or anything for your upcoming surgery, please don't hesitate to ask me.  I can honestly say that I've had the big daddy of complications, the single thing that NO ONE ever wants to have, and yet I would re-do my surgery and go back to Dr. Almanza in a heart beat.  No questions asked.  

Hope that helps?!

Lighter dayz ahead :)
Cheers,
Ezimmer

Your goals, minus your doubts, equal your reality.
~ Ralph Marston ~

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.
~Unknown~

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views