Pre-Op Lab Work

Eme 2009
on 11/18/09 1:17 am - FL

Just wondering how extensive the pre-op lab work will be in Mexico (I am going to Dr. Almanza).  I'd like to have as much as possible taken so I can measure my success not only in pounds but also my cholesterol, etc.  Do they do any fasting bloodwork?  I recently had my cholesterol and glucose checked but it was not after a fast.  I am sure my PCP will order labs for me here for right before I go if I ask but if it isn't neccesary, then I wont mess with the co-pay!

HW: 251  SW: 243  CW: 146  Height: 5'6.5"

N H.
on 11/18/09 9:39 pm - FL
My plane getting into San Diego was late and it snowballed from there.  When the chaperones picked me up at the airport we went directly to the lab for the blood draw and then directly to the clinic for surgery.  I am not certain what the labs were but there was not any time to have gotten them back prior to surgery.

Have you thought about having a full physical by your doc prior to surgery?
                                          Pre Op-Surgery-Current-Goal
                                            232  -    213   -  153 - 150

5'4" tall
Stage 1 Plastics 10/20/10 with Dr. Adrian Menjarrez-Mexicali
Breast Lift and Tummy Tuck    
Eme 2009
on 11/19/09 1:15 am - FL
I hadn't even considered asking for a full physical from my PCP.  I don't think I've ever really had one---just my yearly pap. 
I am arriving the night before (very late) and staying at an airport hotel and then we'll take the shuttle back to the airport in the morning to be there at the time they want us there.  I hope that all works out. 
Did they at least send you home with all of the bloodwork results from what they did draw?  Will they give me a copy of everything they do there? 
I emailed Sheila but haven't heard back from her yet.  I might need to call Shirley so I can know for sure.

PrettyPixieGirl
on 11/19/09 6:05 am
I would get it done at your PCP. The labs they draw in Mexico are basic and wont have your cholesterol. You can ask for a copy of all of your stuff before you leave though.  They draw things like your PTT and PT to check for clotting issues and a cbc for your platlets and red blood cells. When i just went to my PCP for my post op check up he drew a ton of labs for me as part of a physical check up. I got my thyroid lvls checked. My lipids and cholesterol. My B12. my iron. As well as a complete chemistry and CBC. There was more than that even. So your PCP can give you a full picture.

HW:260+ SW: 248 Pre-Preg 180 Post-Preg Starting Wt: 225 Current PP wt: 195 GW: 170ish. 

Eme 2009
on 11/19/09 9:01 pm - FL
Thanks Pixie!

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views