re-check baggage???

Christy541
on 11/17/09 6:34 am
I had RNY surgery with Dr. Joya and will be flying home tomorrow. I was going to check my baggage because didn't want to deal with lifting it and such, but a friend told me when she made her connection flight they made her re-check her baggage and go through security again. She barely made her flight not to mention she was tired out. So was wondering if any of you, who have flown home from PV Mexico, had to re-check your baggage on the way home? I'll be flying Alaska airlines and making a connection in Seattle.
Eme 2009
on 11/17/09 7:15 am - FL
I haven't made that specific connection before but if you depart from Mexico and then make a connection in the US (or arrival for that matter), you WILL have to re-check your baggage and go through customs and then your bag will be checked by US security.  It can be quite a pain but my advice would be to request special assistance (i.e. wheelchair) so you will have someone to help you and most likely you will be pushed to the front of any lines in Seattle.  I hope this helps.

HW: 251  SW: 243  CW: 146  Height: 5'6.5"

Christy541
on 11/17/09 8:07 am
Thanks, I guess it might be better to just carry it on.
Katie C.
on 11/23/09 11:02 am - VA
I just got back from Monterrey Mex., and yes, you have to recheck the bags, but since I had wheel chair assistance we went to the front of the line and it didn't take long at all, in fact it was the smoothest trip through customs I ever had!

Request the assistance when you check in and definately check your bag!
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views