Dr Almanza???

Islandguy
on 11/13/09 4:50 pm - Canada
 Hi All,

So i have booked my sleeve with Dr Almanza for mid December.  I would like to hear pros and cons from all you that have had this experience with him.  It is scaring the hell out of me that i am going to Mexico to have this done.  My Doc friend has given me some relief by telling me that these guys do this every day and that they are probably better at this surgery than most of the doctors in the US and Canada due to the frequency of them preforming the surgeries.   Any insight or comments are welcome.  

Thank you in advance for your responses!

Island Guy

MARVEN00037
on 11/14/09 12:28 am - pierrefonds, Canada
i'll let ou know how it goes i'm off in 9 days
gingin33
on 11/14/09 7:06 am - Wichita, KS
I'm having the sleeve with him on 11/19 I'll let you know how it goes. Everything I've read so far looks good and I'm excited.
N H.
on 11/15/09 3:19 am - FL
For all of you folks that have not gone to Dr. Almanza yet---don't worry.  I had my VSG with him June 16.  I would go back to him in a minute if I needed to.

The clinic was spotless.  The care was great.  The residence (you go to after being released from the clinic) is wonderful.

If you have specific questions, send me a PM and I will respond.  You have chosen a very well qualified doc and nursing staff.

I have not had ANY problem since returning from Mexico and having the surgery...except for frequent clothing size changes.

At surgery I was a 20-22 pants/1-2x top.  In less than 5 months I am a 10-12 pant/medium top and feel great.

No hunger issues, no GERD, lower blood pressure, cholesterol, blood glucose.  I sleep better, have more energy and just plain FEEL BETTER all over.

Good luck.  Nancy
                                          Pre Op-Surgery-Current-Goal
                                            232  -    213   -  153 - 150

5'4" tall
Stage 1 Plastics 10/20/10 with Dr. Adrian Menjarrez-Mexicali
Breast Lift and Tummy Tuck    
Eme 2009
on 11/15/09 5:08 am - FL
Thank you for replying, Nancy! :)

HW: 251  SW: 243  CW: 146  Height: 5'6.5"

kaluhasmom1
on 11/15/09 9:58 am - Kansas City, MO
Dear Island Guy,
I havent had my sugery with Dr. Almanza yet---but as a surgery nurse in the USA, I can tell you I researched this experience thoroughly.  I asked many questions about anesthesia, pain medication, complications, surgical equipment and sterile conditions.  I was given much information.  I will be going for my sugery Dec 11, 2009.  I can let you know about it when I get back.
Cindy
neededsurgery
on 11/20/09 1:56 pm - Canada
I did have my surgery with Dr. Almanza and it did not go well for me....I came back to Canada with a major internal infection.....because no Dr. looked at me again post. op...and if they had they would have noticed the infection.....he does not speak English...nor do the nurses.....the recovery house was dirty...old dried up food under the bed.....people other than patients slept at the house...( Friends of Dr. Betancourt ).....house has many stairs......do your homework.....there are many hospitals in Tiajuana....and also for less money
dizzyblonda
on 12/5/09 3:50 am - toney, Mexico
Hi
I just got home from mexico dec. 4th surgery was nov 30 with Dr Almanza It was a really a great experience for me. I have the sleeve done the first 3 days  is the hardness.once your home its great. I personally had no problems just of course sorenesswas able to have jello,broth, water.

.The worst thing was the roads in mexico are real bad  and my flight home boy i went by myself and if anything went wrong it did book bags i end up taken them on plane myself had ask for help at airport though my booking agent never happen so that was real had for me.  my suggestion get help at the airports talk to the airline yourself, check bags so much easier if you go by yourself .Today up walking need that walking to get rid of the gas.

I plan on returning to work the 12th light duty hoping all will be good for that date. A little scary however the long terms is were the fun begans good look.

Dr Almanza his staff the recovery house is so much nicer than any stay i ever had in USA hospitals.
I would recommend this place to everyone you can call emmanuel medical direct and save money 727-597-7330.
Dizzyblonda    
ccgrooves
on 1/13/10 2:53 pm - Canada
I aM GOING FOR BYPASS FEB 18/10....AM SCARED

mom.of.6
on 1/20/10 10:22 am
I am scheduled for a mini bypass on Feb. 16! Maybe we will meet?! Good luck
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO