My story

gingin33
on 11/5/09 9:38 am - Wichita, KS
Hello all. I'm fairly new. Been a lurker for awhile. Always reading, researching, dreaming. I figured I was going to be one of those that read about everyone elses success stories but never having it for myself.

My insurance excludes wls. I have fairly poor credit and no saving. Living from pay check to pay check. I wanted this so bad for myself. This is my last option. I've lost the weight on my own before, many times but I cannot keep it off. I was depressed because I knew that I could never come up with the money to pay for it on my own. I'm miserable and in pain. My legs hurt. My back hurts. On and on.

So I talked to my mom and asked her if she would help me. Loan me the money and let me make payments. My mom is pretty much a tight wad that always claims she is broke, I was amazed when she said yes! I couldn't believe it. So the last few months have been spent finding a Dr. Getting things into place and now I have a surgery date.

I am going to Dr. Almanza on the 19th of Nov. I know that is just right around the corner. I planned it that way. I am just so scared if I waited to long, something will happen and I wont get to have it done.

So I'm very very nervous to say the least. It's a major operation that will change my life forever. However, I'm more excited than anything. I will be traveling alone which is probably my biggest fear. I realize as the days comes closer how much I rely on my husband for everything and I will be doing this completely on my own. No one to lean on or be there when I wake up. Also, I have a fear of heights. BAD. I haven't been in an airplane since I was 13 years old. I'm scared to death that I will have a panic attack or something. I'm sure I'll be fine, but that fear is there none the less.

Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers. I can't wait for this to be over and I can start the rest of my life as a new healthier and thinner person. I will update again after my surgery and let everyone know how it went.

Thanks for reading!

Ginny
hollykim
on 11/5/09 10:54 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Good luck ! I hope you have an uneventfull surgery and a speedy recovery!
Holly

katydidit64
on 11/7/09 9:01 am - north port, FL
Congratulations!!! Way to Go girl!!  I am so Happy for you!!  My thoughts and prayers are with you on your journery towards life 

March 2009 Lower body lift with BA/BL - Cosmed Clinic Dr. F - TJ Mexico
April 2010   Tummy Tuck, Horizontal Thigh lift, Back Lipo/sculpting 
                    Dr. Luque - Mexicali MX

gingin33
on 11/7/09 9:45 am - Wichita, KS
Thank you very much!
AnnieInTheSky
on 11/10/09 3:48 am - riverside, CA
hey best of luck to you!!  I am also going through Dr Almanza and will be there November 27th!!  Im very excited to not be fat any longer. I wish I was going the same day as you lol  but my mom will be with me and I hear everyone at his office is awesomely nice

good luck and god bless
Live.Love.Be.

Annie
(deactivated member)
on 11/12/09 6:32 am

YEA, FOR YOU GINNY...!!!!

You are going to do just fine...

I haven't flown in over twenty-five years...So, I know a little bit about your
fear of flying...I'm not really afraid, just more anxious than fear...Will I make my connections in time, will I have problems finding my gate...you know..yada, yada, yada...But I do have my daughter going with me and she has flown a good bit, so I really don't know why I'm anxious at all...Back in the day, I flew all over the states time and time again...I know things have changed a lot since then, but actually, all you have to do is follow the signs...if that's not enough, there will be people every where that work for the airlines that will be more than happy to help you....

Take a deep breath and exhale...S.L.O.W.L.Y....YOU are going to do wonderful....!!!! If others can do it...So CAN YOU...!!!
It's meant to be, or your mom, would have never given you the money...!!!

CONGRATULATIONS, GINNY...

It want be long now...SEVEN more Days...WOO-HOOOOOOOOO....!!!!!!!

cyndy

FabBy50 .
on 11/13/09 12:34 am - Everett, WA
Good luck to you!!! I had my band done by Dr Almanza in March and I'm very happy with the results. I had a wonderful experience with Dr Almanza and his staff, you will too!!
You did not mention which surgery you are having? We what ever it is you will do great! Keep us posted, we care.

Bernadette
gingin33
on 11/13/09 12:56 am - Wichita, KS
Thank you so much! I'm getting really excited, nervous too. I'm having the sleeve done. I will be sure to post how everything went.
(deactivated member)
on 11/15/09 8:49 am
Ginny,

I will be thinking of you all week!!  I know we will both be fine!!!

Dawn
Arlene F.
on 11/16/09 10:10 pm
Good Luck to you.  I am being banded on Monday so I can understand your trepidations.  You will do fine...Kudos to your mom for being there for you....Sometimes parents don't understand and when it comes to their pocketbooks they tend to find excuses. 
So you go girl and let us all know how you do.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views